||20 November 2012 (Update)
||5.4 seconds (9 ticks)
|Swing your weapon at the target multiple times.
- 48%-246% total ability damage over 2.4s in 3 hits.
- For every hit channeled, gain 5% critical strike chance on your next ability.
|Infobox • Talk page
Fury is a basic Strength ability. When activated, players deal damage equal to 15-75%, 16.4-82% and 17.8-89% of ability damage to their target. Each strike increases your next attack's chance to force a critical hit by 5% per strike, up to a maximum of 15%. The critical hit bonus affects each strike of Fury. In PvP, this will not stack with existing critical strike bonuses (the largest bonus will apply). This ability is channelled; each attack takes around 1.2 seconds to land and 3 seconds to fully execute all 3 strikes.
If you deal a critical hit as a result of Fury's bonus, the same message as what is used for Biting appears: "You deal a critical strike against your opponent!"
Concentrated Blast is the Magic version of Fury.
If timed correctly after the second strike of Fury; using an ability, such as Slice or Punish, will cause it to hit at the same time as the third strike of Fury, dealing four amounts of damage instead of three. The easiest way to properly use Fury in combat is to queue another ability right after activating Fury, or to use another ability once the global cool down is over. This technique is most commonly used to only deal the first two hits (totalling up to 157% ability damage).
Fury can be upgraded to Greater Fury through the use of a Greater Fury ability codex, received as a rare drop by Verak Lith.
Fury, in addition to affecting the next ability, will also affect itself. This means the second hit of Fury will receive a +5% critical hit chance and the third hit of Fury will receive a +10% critical hit chance.
Interaction with Greater Barge[edit | edit source]
If Fury is used as the damage-over-time (DoT) combo ability after Greater Barge, up to a maximum of the next 3 hits will receive a critical hit chance boost. This includes a hit that lands inbetween the first and second DoT hits of Fury, a hit that lands in inbetween the second and third DoT hits of Fury, the next hit after the third DoT hit of Fury, as well as the self interaction hits of Fury itself.
The hit following the first DoT hit of Fury receives a +5% critical chance boost, the hit following the second DoT hit of Fury receives a +10% critical chance boost, and the hit following the third DoT hit of Fury receives a +15% critical chance boost.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 9 March 2015 (Update):
- Tooltips for the abilities 'Assault' and 'Fury' have been corrected.
- patch 7 April 2014 (Update):
- Players will now be able to hear a lashing sound when using the fury ability with an abyssal whip.
- Before the Legacy update, Fury's description claimed to deal damage equal to 150% of 6 seconds' auto-attack damage over 6 seconds with a 20 second cool down. However in reality the ability only dealt 94% damage per hit and only did 3 hits over 5.4 seconds and so was rarely used by players.