This article is about the ability. For the bow in the Crucible, see Decimation
Decimate is a basic Strength ability which requires dual wielding to activate. It requires level 67 Strength to use. It has a cooldown time of 7 seconds. When activated, the player instantly attacks with both weapons for 37.6-188% of ability damage, or 48.8-244% ability damage if the target is wearing a shield. This ability was buffed to its current state at the same time as the Legacy update, and is now one of the most powerful basic abilities and has the shortest cooldown of any 188% damage basic ability. Decimate no longer shares its cooldown with Havoc, its lower level Attack counterpart.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 25 September 2017 (Update):
- The Decimate ability description within the Powers interface has been updated to improve clarity.
- patch 22 November 2012 (Update):
- The "Smite" ability has been renamed to "Decimate" to avoid confusion with the "Smite" prayer.
- During the EoC beta, Decimate was referred to as Smite, but was later changed to its current name to avoid confusion with the "Smite" prayer.