||20 November 2012 (Update)
||20.4 seconds (34 ticks)
|Spin on the spot with your weapon.
- 66%-219% ability damage.
- Secondary attack of 84%-161% ability damage to primary target.
- Damage up to 8 additional adjacent targets.
|Infobox • Talk page
Hurricane is a two-handed threshold Attack ability that requires level 55 Attack to use. When activated, the player spins on the spot, dealing 66-219% ability damage to all targets in a 3x3 area of the player, including targets standing on the player's square. The player's main target is hit a second time for 84-161% ability damage; Hurricane deals an average of 265% ability damage to the player's main target. Targets standing behind walls are not damaged. Hurricane's cooldown is shared with Destroy.
Halberds, the noxious scythe, and the dragon rider lance increase Hurricane's range to 5x5 around the player.
Hurricane is fairly similar to Quake, however:
- Hurricane deals far more damage due to its first hit having higher minimum damage and because it deals a second hit to the main target.
- Hurricane does not reduce the target's defence or raise their affinity values.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 14 December 2015 (Update):
- The Hurricane ability will no longer put Asphyxiate on cooldown incorrectly.
- patch 19 October 2015 (Update):
- No longer has a one-tick delay between hits in PvP combat.
- patch 12 October 2015 (Update):
- Once again both hits are dealt the same time.
- patch 13 July 2015 (Update):
- Following changes to Hurricane:
- Damage dealt to all adjacent targets is now 66-219%, hitting the main target for a second time for 84-161% of your weapon damage.
- Now shares a cooldown with Destroy.
- Halberds & noxious scythes now deal 5x5 AoE damage instead of 3x3.
- Hurricane, Snapshot & Wild Magic have had their hits slightly spread out.
- Although the ability's name is "Hurricane", the symbol is of a tornado.
- Hurricane used to deal 400% weapon damage, but due to a change in the beta which significantly increased damage of all weapons, this was reduced to 188% damage. With the release of Legacy Mode, Hurricane's damage was raised to a maximum of 219%. On 13 July 2015, a second hit was added to Hurricane that deals 84-161% weapon damage to the main target.
- Hurricane was known as Whirlwind in Jagex's test servers for the Evolution of Combat.