Freedom is a basic Defence ability. When activated, all binds, stuns, and bleeds on the player are removed. The player also gains immunity from further binds and stuns for six seconds. Freedom does remove the stun from failing attempts at thieving NPCs, allowing the player to move or attack, but not to pickpocket until the normal stun duration is over. There are, however, a number of stun attacks that Freedom cannot be used against.
Outside of breaking free of stuns and binds, Freedom also has additional usage:
- If used before these attacks start:
- It prevents Araxxor and Araxxi from dragging the player near them when they start their cleave attack. Additionally, it reduces the amount of clicks needed to break free from the cocoon attack from 5 to 2.
- It stops Nex from dragging the player near her from her magic auto-attacks during her Smoke Phase.
- It removes the bind effect from the Kalphite King's Beetlejuice attack, allowing them to use Bladed Dive.
- It halves the enrage stacks accumulated by Beastmaster Durzag and Yakamaru.
- In a PvP situation, it halves the damage dealt from accumulated Storm Shards.
As with all defensives, Freedom can be paired with an auto attack to gain more adrenaline than normal abilities, as well as allow the player to deal damage where they are otherwise unable to. The auto attacks can be used for more than just damage: Ice Barrage can bind a group of enemies, vulnerability can increase the damage taken by the enemy, entangle can bind a target in place, etc. Note that the ability used before freedom must be cast with dual wield weapons with the fastest attack rate.
You can use both an off-hand auto attack and two-handed auto attack during the ability, making it unique from the other defensive abilities, which only allow one auto attack.
If the conditions apply, an off-hand auto attack will come out on the same tick as the ability is used. A tick later the player can equip a two-handed weapon to take advantage of the higher damaging staff auto attack over a wand auto attack. Switching back to dual wield weapons before the next ability is important when using 4-tick auto-attack.
When taking advantage of Freedom's auto attacks you can expect +11% adrenaline in magic and +12% in melee and ranged, instead of the normal +8% adrenaline you would gain otherwise.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 2 March 2015 (Update):
- Anticipation and Freedom now prevents lava strykewyrms from dragging the player towards them.
- patch 13 October 2014 (Update):
- Freedom now breaks binds applied by NPCs using Asphyxiate, Rapid Fire, Flurry and Assault.
- patch 29 September 2014 (Update):
- The Freedom ability will no longer be put on a global cooldown when the player is hit by an interrupt.