Pot of flour
|Pot of flour|
|Release||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||8 coins|
|Low alch||5 coins|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|There is flour in this pot.|
|Exchange||314 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
A pot of flour is an item used mainly in the Cooking skill. No Cooking level is required to gather pots of flour.
Flour can be made into various types of dough by using it with a container filled with water or a water source, then used as an ingredient to make bread, pies, cakes, cheesecakes, pizzas, kebabs and biscuits.
Products[edit | edit source]
|Ravenous locust pouch||1,492|
|Raw swamp paste||1,181|
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
From stores[edit | edit source]
For free players, Mess Sergeant Ramsey's Cooking Supplies Shop is quite close to the Taverley bank, and has 500 stocked. Wydin's Food Store (also 500) is the next best option, as it is very close to the Port Sarim lodestone; you could then bank with ring of kinship or Archaeology journal.
From player-owned house[edit | edit source]
A kitchen has a spot for a larder, and both oak larders (requires 33 Construction to build) and teak larders (requires 43 Construction) can provide unlimited pots of flour (among other ingredients) for free. Empty pots are not required, which makes this the one of the fastest methods of acquiring unlimited flour (if you want less than 500 flour the Port Khazard store/deposit box is quicker), other than buying in bulk from players, provided you use teleports or a servant in order to bank, which would allow you to keep banking flour indefinitely. The biggest downside of this method is its tediousness, as you can only take one pot of flour at a time and it takes a little while as the game processes the commands (Note: Spam clicking the larder while simultaneously hitting the 4 key greatly speeds the process). This also nullifies the advantage of the more expensive servants' carrying capacity, as they would return in less time than it takes for you to get all the pots they can carry.
It's also possible to take advantage of a kitchen sink to make dough on the spot. If you place an empty pot on your action bar, you can drop the pots quickly to make more space.
From a windmill[edit | edit source]
- One of the best spots for members is the field North of Ardougne, which is very close to a bank and a mill.
- Although it is difficult for lower level players to get to, another excellent spot for members is in Zanaris, where the distance between the mill, the bank, and the wheat field is extremely small.
- Cooks' Guild (32 Cooking required) west of Varrock is the best spot to make flour for free players, with a windmill in the guild and a field just outside. Grand Exchange and Varrock west bank are both quite close by. Members who have completed all hard Varrock achievements can use the bank inside Cooking Guild itself.
- For non-members without 32 Cooking, the Mill Lane Mill has a windmill and wheat field very close together, although the Lumbridge banks are a fair distance away.
The machinery for milling grain is usually found on the top floor of the windmill. The grain must be used on the hopper, then the mill controls operated. This will fill the flour bin on the ground floor with 1 unit of flour. This process must be repeated individually for each piece of wheat, as the hopper will only hold 1 piece of wheat. The flour bin can hold up to 30 units of flour. Clicking on the bin will empty some flour into one of the pots in the player's inventory. Due to this being a very slow and labour-intensive process, pots of flour are rarely manually made.
From the Sinclair Mansion[edit | edit source]
After starting the quest Murder Mystery, members can access an unlimited barrel of flour in the kitchen of the Sinclair Mansion just north of Seers' Village. Simply use an empty pot with the barrel to fill it with flour. This allows you to quickly fill the pots in your inventory, with the tradeoff of having to walk at least one way of the trip to a bank. There is one fairly close by in Seers' Village to the south, or players can use the nearby Fairy ring to reach a bank in Zanaris. As this is next to a sink and a range, it is an excellent spot for turning swamp tar into swamp paste.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Skeleton (Tarn's Lair)||45; 70; 71; 72; 77; 79||1||Rare|
|Skeleton Mage||19; 49||1 (noted)||Common[dr 1]|
|Spirit impling jar||N/A||12–19 (noted)||Unknown||N/A|
|Spirit impling||54||14–18 (noted)||Unknown||N/A|
|Wandering warrior||60; 63||1||Uncommon|
|Zombie (Tarn's Lair)||72; 74; 75; 77; 78; 79; 82; 84; 85||1||3/128|
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Culinaromancer's Chest||Lumbridge Castle basement||14||Coins||100|
|Frenita's Cookery Shop||Yanille||14||Coins||500|
|Grand Tree Groceries||Grand Tree||14||Coins||10|
|Khazard General Store||Port Khazard||14||Coins||500|
|Mess Sergeant Ramsey's Cooking Supplies Shop||Taverley||14||Coins||500|
|Miscellanian Food Shop||Miscellania and Etceteria Dungeon||14||Coins||10|
|Pie Shop||Cooks' Guild||14||Coins||100|
|Razmire General Store||Mort'ton||14||Coins||10|
|Wydin's Food Store||Port Sarim||14||Coins||500|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Pot of flour|
|Disassembly category||Default disassembly items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 9 September 2019 (Update):
- Pots of flour can now be turned into dough with a full inventory if the player has the 'destroy containers' toggle set to on.
- update 12 June 2001 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before 8 May 2007, General Stores used to have a pot of flour icon, but was changed to an empty pot, because General Stores almost never had flour in stock.
- Black Knights used to drop plain flour, shown as a pile of flour on the ground. This could only be picked up if you had an empty pot in your inventory. This kind of flour can still be found on a table inside the H.A.M. Hideout.