A chinchompa is an explosive Ranged weapon that can be obtained by box trapping a normal chinchompa. They are explosive missiles that require 45 Ranged.
When used, they have an area damage effect, hitting all enemies in a 3x3 area centred on the enemy being targeted. They cannot be picked up again from the ground after being thrown and Ava's devices (attractor, accumulator, alerter) do not return them. Most abilities will do area damage and do not consume them.
Classified as chinchompa thrown weaponry, they modify the following abilities:
- Bleeds inflicted from Fragmentation and Corruption Shot applies random damage to each target. Corruption Shot's effect will not overlap on two monsters initially struck in this manner, but can still spread to other monsters not struck by the initial attack.
- Shadow Tendrils hits one random target in the AoE pile.
- Sacrifice will only heal off the main target, regardless of how many targets are hit.
- Onslaught hits all available targets, draining 25% adrenaline per monster struck before applying punishment damage as usual.
- Tuska's Wrath will only hit the current target if on a slayer task.
- Bombardment and Ricochet are unaffected.
They are also used as a tertiary component for summoning a Giant chinchompa, and it is one of the few ingredients used in Summoning that stacks. 20 chinchompas is also one of the ingredients to create a divine box trap.
Players may also receive chinchompas from opening a box of summoning ingredients, a possible reward from the Familiarisation Distraction and Diversion.
Unlike mechanised chinchompas, when a player dies outside of the wilderness with normal chinchompas either equipped or in their inventory, they are always kept.
A player fighting with chinchompas
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of items, click here.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
patch 20 October 2014 (Update):
- Chinchompas and Skillchompas are now sheathed on the hip.
- patch 29 September 2014 (Update):
- Chinchompas will no longer remain in the player's hand if released whilst equipped.
- patch 3 July 2013 (Update):
- Players can now use a dragon keepsake key with two-handed crossbows, pickaxes, javelins, throwing darts, axes and knives, and chinchompas.
- patch 25 October 2011 (Update):
- This weapon's Ranged sound has now been updated.
- patch 8 March 2011 (Update):
- Players now correctly run when playing this weapon's defend animation.
- patch 20 December 2010 (Update):
- Animations for wielding this weapon has been updated.
- patch 24 June 2010 (Update):
- Updated the run animations when wielding chinchompas.
- patch 13 May 2010 (Update):
- Chinchompas now have a confirmation screen on release in case you accidentally clicked to release them.
- If attempting to release more than four chinchompas a confirmation message will pop up.
- When using abilities with chinchompas, red chinchompas are seen as the missiles instead.
- If a player attempts to cast analyse or disassemble on this item, they will get the message You monster! You can't disassemble a living thing.