Crystal geodes are gem encrusted rocks that can be found while cutting Crystal trees, or when cutting trees or Ivy in Prifddinas when the Voice of Seren is active in the Crwys area, or from the Motherlode Maw. Cutting crystal trees requires at least 94 Woodcutting. When found, they will drop to the ground, disappearing after 30 seconds, similar to Bird's nests. Shattering a Crystal geode for the first time grants the A Hidden Gem I achievement.
The following items increase the chances of crystal geodes, all of which stack:
A player shattering a crystal geode
When a crystal geode appears, one of the following messages is shown in the chatbox:
- A geode falls out of the crystal tree.
- A crystal geode falls out of the ivy.
- A crystal geode falls out of the tree.
Crystal geodes may be shattered to reveal one of several items, including uncut gems and pieces of the crystal triskelion.
- ^ a b c You will receive whichever fragment is next to the last crystal triskelion fragment you received.
- ^ Completion of Roving Elves required.
- The probabilities in this section are an estimation based on the data of opening 11,171 crystal geodes.
Therefore, the average worth of a crystal geode, based on these probabilities and the values of the items, is 3,733. This excludes the potential value of any triskelion fragments received.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 13 January 2020 (Update):
- Crystal Geodes now have a chance to give Crystal Triskelion Fragments both before and after completing the Roving Elves Quest.
- patch 14 August 2017 (Update):
- The 'Crack All' option on crystal geodes and mystic nests will now correctly display the type of nest being searched.
- ninja 31 October 2016 (Update):
- Birds' nests and crystal geodes now have right-click options to loot them all in a cycling action.