Third age platelegs are a members-only piece of armour that are part of the third age warrior set. To wear the platelegs the player needs at least level 65 Defence. To obtain third age warrior platelegs, the player can either complete a Level 3 Treasure Trail, or trade with another player.
They have the same armour rating as bandos tassets. These are currently the most expensive platelegs and are mostly worn to show wealth.
It was long thought that the chances of obtaining a piece of third age armour was of about 1 in 10,000 (according to Paul Gower), and in 2010 Mod Maylea stated that the odds are lower than 1 in 100,000. However, a livestream with Mod Simon and James revealed the mechanics of Treasure Trail rewards in detail, meaning the actual chances could be calculated: approximately 1 in 16,896 per item roll for any of the 12 parts of third age equipment, or approximately 1 in 202,752 for a specific part, per item roll - with an average of 5 item rewards per Trail, this gives approximately 1 in 3,380 for any part, or 1 in 40,551 for a specific part, per Trail completed. For a more detailed breakdown of drop mechanics and calculations, see Treasure Trails/Rewards#Hard.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 1 November 2014 (Update):
- Third age platelegs no longer stretch in combat when worn with the dragon off-hand crossbow.
- patch 19 July 2010 (Update):
- Fixed 3rd Age armour while wearing various capes.
- patch 28 July 2009 (Update):
- The skill guide now talks about Third Age items in a singular sense.
- Updated the model for Third Age armour to not stretch when doing various emotes or riding on a magic carpet.