|Release||5 December 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||24,000 coins|
|Low alch||16,000 coins|
|Ancient range protection crafted from white dragonhide.|
|Exchange||100,935,580 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Third age ranger chaps are a members-only piece of third age armour that are part of the Third age ranger set. They require 65 Defence and 65 Ranged to be equipped. Third age range legs can either be obtained by chance with the completion of a Level 3 Treasure trail or bought from another player or the Grand Exchange. It cannot be made using the Crafting skill. It is rarely used due to its high price.
It was long thought that the chances of obtaining a piece of third age armour was of about 1 in 10,000 (according to Paul Gower), and in 2010 Mod Maylea stated that the odds are lower than 1 in 100,000. However, a livestream with Mod Simon and James revealed the mechanics of Treasure Trail rewards in detail and revealed that the actual chances could be calculated: approximately 1 in 16,896 per item roll for any of the 12 parts of third age equipment, or approximately 1 in 202,752 for a specific part per item roll. With an average of 5 item rewards per Trail, this gives approximately 1 in 3,380 for any part, or 1 in 40,551 for a specific part, per Trail completed. For a more detailed breakdown of drop mechanics and calculations, see Treasure Trails/Rewards#Hard.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 15 September 2014 (Update):
- The requirements for Third-Age ranged armour in the Ranged Skill Advance Guide have been corrected.
- patch 28 July 2009 (Update):
- The skill guide now talks about Third Age items in a singular sense.
- Updated the model for Third Age armour to not stretch when doing various emotes or riding on a magic carpet.