|Release||5 December 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||9,000 coins|
|Low alch||6,000 coins|
|Ancient range protection crafted from white dragonhide.|
|Exchange||101,736,466 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Third age vambraces are a members-only piece of armour that are a part of the Third age ranger set. Level 65 Defence and level 65 Ranged are required to equip them. Third age range vambraces can be either obtained by chance with the completion of a Level 3 Treasure trail, bought from another player, or bought from the Grand Exchange.
It was long thought that the chances of obtaining a piece of third age armour was of about 1 in 10,000 (according to Paul Gower), and in 2010, Mod Maylea stated that the odds are lower than 1 in 100,000. However, a livestream with Mod Simon and James revealed the mechanics of Treasure Trail rewards in detail, meaning the actual chances could be calculated: approximately 1 in 16,896 per item roll for any of the 12 parts of third age equipment or approximately 1 in 202,752 for a specific part per item roll; with an average of five item rewards per Trail, this gives approximately 1 in 3,380 for any part or 1 in 40,551 for a specific part per Trail completed. For a more detailed breakdown of drop mechanics and calculations, see Treasure Trails/Rewards#Hard.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 18 November 2019 (Update):
- Hyphen has been removed from the item Third age vambraces.
- patch 15 September 2014 (Update):
- The requirements for Third-Age ranged armour in the Ranged Skill Advance Guide have been corrected.
- patch 15 September 2010 (Update):
- Adjusted the various level bound versions of vambraces as their colours were slightly wrong.
- patch 28 July 2009 (Update):
- The skill guide now talks about Third Age items in a singular sense.
- Updated the model for Third Age armour to not stretch when doing various emotes or riding on a magic carpet.
- The third age vambraces are the cheapest third age item obtainable from Treasure Trails, slightly cheaper than the third age range coif. This presumably reflects a reduced cosmetic appeal as all third age items have the same chance of occurring as a drop.
- The third age vambraces are the only item among the 16 currently released third age items which occupy the gloves slot when wielded.