The third age robe top is a member's only piece of armour that is part of the Third age mage set. To wear the top the player needs at least 65 Defence and 65 Magic. To obtain a third age robe top the player can either complete a Level 3 Treasure trail for a chance at receiving it, trade with another player, or buy it in the Grand Exchange.
It was long thought that the chances of obtaining a piece of third age armour was of about 1 in 10,000 (according to Paul Gower), and in 2010 Mod Maylea stated that the odds are lower than 1 in 100,000. However, a livestream with Mod Simon and James revealed the mechanics of Treasure Trail rewards in detail, meaning the actual chances could be calculated: approximately 1 in 16,896 per item roll for any of the 12 parts of third age equipment, or approximately 1 in 202,752 for a specific part, per item roll - with an average of 5 item rewards per Trail, this gives approximately 1 in 3,380 for any part, or 1 in 40,551 for a specific part, per Trail completed. For a more detailed breakdown of drop mechanics and calculations, see Treasure Trails/Rewards#Hard.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 2 November 2010 (Update):
- The Third Age robe top no longer clips when performing certain actions.
- patch 28 July 2009 (Update):
- The skill guide now talks about Third Age items in a singular sense.
- Updated the model for Third Age armour to not stretch when doing various emotes or riding on a magic carpet.
- Originally, the bonuses of this armour were equivalent to the Infinity top obtained in the Mage Training Arena but were later slightly increased.
- The top suffered a glitch when riding magic carpets - a part of the robe would 'stick' to the ground. This was fixed on 28 July 2009.
- Ever since the warped dungeoneering floors release on 2 November 2010 the third age top appears to have shortened quite dramatically.