|Release||5 December 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||12,000 coins|
|Low alch||8,000 coins|
|Ancient mage protection enchanted in the Third-Age.|
|Exchange||418,766,608 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The third age amulet is a members-only piece of jewellery that is part of the Third age mage set. To wear the amulet the player needs at least 65 Defence and 65 Magic. To obtain a third age amulet the player can either complete a Level 3 Treasure trail or trade with another player.
It was long thought that the chances of obtaining a piece of third age armour was of about 1 in 10,000 (according to Paul Gower), and in 2010 Mod Maylea stated that the odds are lower than 1 in 100,000. However, a livestream with Mod Simon and James revealed the mechanics of Treasure Trail rewards in detail, meaning the actual chances could be calculated: approximately 1 in 16,896 per item roll for any of the 12 parts of third age equipment, or approximately 1 in 202,752 for a specific part, per item roll - with an average of 5 item rewards per Trail, this gives approximately 1 in 3,380 for any part, or 1 in 40,551 for a specific part, per Trail completed. For a more detailed breakdown of drop mechanics and calculations, see Treasure Trails/Rewards#Hard.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 28 July 2009 (Update):
- The skill guide now talks about Third Age items in a singular sense.
- Updated the model for Third Age armour to not stretch when doing various emotes or riding on a magic carpet.
- The third age amulet is the only third age item to be worn in the necklace slot and is the only piece of jewellery associated with the third age armour sets.