Third age ranger body
|Third age ranger body|
|Release||5 December 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||27,000 coins|
|Low alch||18,000 coins|
|Ancient range protection crafted from white dragonhide.|
|Exchange||74,912,178 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Third age ranger body is a members-only piece of armour that is part of the Third age ranger set. The requirements to wear this armour are 65 Defence and 65 Ranged. A Third age ranger body can be either obtained by completing a Level 3 Treasure trail, buying it from another player or from the Grand Exchange. Due to its rarity, it is expensive and uncommonly seen in-game.
It was long thought that the chances of obtaining a piece of third age armour was of about 1 in 10,000 (according to Paul Gower), and in 2010 Mod Maylea stated that the odds are lower than 1 in 100,000. However, a livestream with Mod Simon and James revealed the mechanics of Treasure Trail rewards in detail, meaning the actual chances could be calculated: approximately 1 in 16,896 per item roll for any of the 12 parts of third age equipment, or approximately 1 in 202,752 for a specific part, per item roll - with an average of 5 item rewards per Trail, this gives approximately 1 in 3,380 for any part, or 1 in 40,551 for a specific part, per Trail completed. For a more detailed breakdown of drop mechanics and calculations, see Treasure Trails/Rewards#Hard.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|65 , 65||65||Tank armour|
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 1.3%||PvP: 3.9%|
|FAQ • docs|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Giant Oyster||N/A||1||1/40551[dr 1]|
|Magical Dice (T3)||T3||1||1/12266|
|Reward casket (hard)||Hard||1||1/40551[dr 1]|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Third age ranger body|
|Disassembly category||Ranged armour|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||28.5%|
|7 × Third-age components||Always|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 15 September 2014 (Update):
- The requirements for Third-Age ranged armour in the Ranged Skill Advance Guide have been corrected.
- patch 28 July 2009 (Update):
- The skill guide now talks about Third Age items in a singular sense.
- Updated the model for Third Age armour to not stretch when doing various emotes or riding on a magic carpet.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Maylea. "Treasure Trails Q&A Answers!." 28th of September 2010. News & Announcements Forums.
- ^ RuneScape Twitch channel. RuneScape 3 - 10,000 Hard Clue Casket Rewards with Mods Simon and James!. 12 May 2015.Lost reference*
Third age equipment
Ranged body armour
Treasure Trails Ranged armour