Jade vine maze
|Jade vine maze|
|Release||9 October 2007 (Update)|
|Music||Roots and Flutes|
|doc • Talk page|
The jade vine maze was released on October 2007, along with the Back to my Roots quest. It is located just east of Shilo Village. The maze is heavily featured in the Back to my Roots quest, and the follow-up miniquest One Foot in the Grave. The maze is accessed during the Back to my Roots quest, and completion of the quest is required in order to use the eagle transport system to access the maze.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
Some modes of transportation are:
- Eagle transport system
- Elder divination outfit - Equip the full outfit, right click the head and select "Colony teleport", then select the Gleaming whisps (50+) option and lastly walk south to the maze.
- Shilo Village - walk east from Shilo Village, take the Agility shortcut to the north, walk further north and take another Agility shortcut to the west, and finally walk south to the maze.
- Wicked hood and teleport to the Nature Altar, walk south east.
- Abyss - get to the Nature altar through the Abyss, exit the altar, and walk south-east to the maze. (You can also use a teleport tablet to get to the nature altar.)
- Charter ship to the Shipyard
- Gnome glider to Gandius - south of the Shipyard
- Tai Bwo Wannai teleport and then running south-east from the village.
- Witchdoctor mask or Juju teleport spiritbag to teleport to the Herblore Habitat, walk west, take the Agility shortcut to the north, walk further north and take another Agility shortcut to the west, and finally walk south to the maze.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Monkey (level 8)
Giant ant soldier (level 70)
Giant ant worker (level 49)
Tenacious toucan (level 84)
Giant wasp (level 70 and 84)
Frog (level 77) - These frogs are unique to Karamja, as they are poisonous but unaggressive.
Pernicious parrot (level 63)
Karamjan Jungle eagle - Does not fight, but is used for transportation.
There are also snakes wrapped around trees which cannot be attacked, but may poison the player. The player can dodge them with a high enough Agility level
Recommended items[edit | edit source]
- Machete - for cutting vines within the maze
- Antipoison potion - to counter the effects of poison
- Food (monkfish or better)
- Good armour, and potions
- Equipment for large prayer bonus
- Prayer book (with a Holy symbol, for countering poison)
- Antipoison totem
Features[edit | edit source]
- The maze has a number of navigational options:
- Enter hole
- Enter vine
- Climb up/down vine
- Cut/squeeze/crawl through vines - cutting the vines will require a machete
- Swing-on vine
- There is an eagle in the jade vine maze, which is part of the eagle transport system from the Eagles' Peak quest. Using a rope on this eagle will unlock this destination.
- If you fall within the maze (i.e. at the eagle platform, or while swinging the vine), you will stumble upon a hole (which resembles a tree stump) nearby that you can enter. This will take you to another random point within the maze.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Music[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
|Cities, towns and settlements|
|Points of interest|