This article is about the wizard whom Sandy murdered. For the sailor involved in Dragon Slayer, see Klarense
Clarence was a wizard, considered to be the most able student of the Wizards' Guild, and Zavistic Rarve's apprentice. He was hired by the sand entrepreneur Sandy sometime in Novtumber 168 to cast a spell on the sandman Bert. However, three months later he got nervous and wanted out, and threatened to go to the authorities. Sandy then murdered him, dismembering his corpse and hiding his head and hand in sand, which eventually ended up in the sandpits of Yanille and Entrana, where they were eventually found by Bert and Mazion. His other hand ended up in a smelly package in the RPDT office in East Ardougne, while the rest of his body ended up in the jade vine maze. An adventurer managed to retrieve most of his body, only missing his foot, which was never found. He was buried in the ground surrounding the Wizards' Guild.
He hadn't earned his sixth magic level yet and was a member of the New Order Occult Bookists, a society within the Wizards' Guild.
- ^ Zavistic Rarve, "The Hand in the Sand", RuneScape. "Oh my! This is most definitely Clarence, my most able student! You must find out who did this!"
- ^ Player character, "Back to my Roots", RuneScape. "I'll go see him then and get rid of this... err...appendage. Zavistic might be happy to see his apprentice."
- ^ Unlocked diary, "One Foot in the Grave", RuneScape. "But my gullible wizard friend, Clarence, has started on the spell I need. I'm going to try it on Bert, the Yanille sandpit worker before I roll it out to the whole lot of them."
- ^ Unlocked diary, "One Foot in the Grave", RuneScape. "Received a letter from Clarence. He appears to be getting a little nervous about that spell that he did for me. I don't think I should ask him to do the other two now. Must convince him that it's all perfectly normal."
- ^ Unlocked diary, "One Foot in the Grave", RuneScape. "Have decided that something needs to be done about Clarence, he's stated vague threats in his letters about telling the authorities."
- ^ Unlocked diary, "One Foot in the Grave", RuneScape. "I'm not sure that I should have solved the problem of Clarence. I have to find someway of getting rid of the bits now. At least my profits from the Yanille sandpit are really soaring. Hmm...that gives me an idea."
- ^ Bert, "The Hand in the Sand", RuneScape. "I w-w-work...over yon sand pit...and weeell...I found...this...hand! T'were buried in't Sand!"