|Release||6 March 2007 (Update)|
|Destroy||You can reclaim this from the quest storage chest or you can search the Edgeville Monastery bookcase for another.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Used to cure poison through prayer.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Prayer book is a reward from the The Great Brain Robbery quest. By right clicking on it while wearing the Holy symbol, the player can use Prayer to heal poison at the cost of prayer points. Sometimes the poison will only be partially healed if you run out of prayer points.
The Prayer book should ideally be used after combat because the monster a player is fighting could poison again, causing the player to drain his/her prayer points further (to heal poison), and wasting time in which the monster could have been attacked. An alternative to the prayer book use is antipoison potion or super antipoison potion.
If lost, the Prayer book can be reclaimed in the Monastery where it was originally found or in a player-owned house bookcase. In the bookcase it is called "Prayer of Deliverance of Poisons." Although this book has a 'destroy' option, it is possible to get more than one copy. This can be done by keeping the book in your bank while you obtain a new one from your player-owned house bookcase. It can also be re-obtained at May's Quest Caravan after putting 150 quest points into the Hub Track.
A good place to use the Prayer book is on Ape Atoll in the Gorilla temple, where there is a prayer altar surrounded by level 167 Gorillas and level 1 poisonous spiders. Using the Prayer Book to counter the poison, fighting the Gorillas after a while will allow a player to fight the creatures without them automatically attacking. During the fight, protect from melee prayer is used sometimes in conjunction with chivalry or piety prayers.
To calculate how many prayer points it will cost, take the amount of poison damage per hit and subtract 20. For example, if someone is poisoned for 80 damage each time, it will take 60 prayer points to heal him or her. If a player only has a portion of the required prayer points needed to cure poison, he or she will only be partially healed of poison and the remaining few points will be drained.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 9 November 2015 (Update):
- The poison timer icon will no longer remain visible when using a prayer book to cure the poison.
- patch 13 November 2012 (Update):
- The "Cure Poison" option on the lifepoints icon near the minimap now works with the Prayer book reward from Great Brain Robbery.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If you are not poisoned, you can still use 'Recite-prayer' as an emote. This will not cost any prayer points.
- If you already own the book and it is stored in your bank, if you search the shelves in the Monastery where you found it you will receive the unique message; "You find a gap in the shelves where the book of prayers would go. As it is in your bank you know that it is unlikely to be hidden on the shelf again."
|Part 4 of the Pirate quest series|