|Release||28 February 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||10 coins|
|Low alch||7 coins|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A coil of rope.|
|Exchange||579 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
A rope is an item used for many things, such as passing terrain obstacles, completing quests, and creating certain items. It can be obtained from Ned in Draynor Village for either 15 coins or 4 balls of wool or crafted at level 30 Crafting by spinning yak hair on a spinning wheel.
Up to 5 ropes may be taken from Nyriki's crate for free. Ropes respawn on the ground at the Musa Point general store. An unlimited supply of rope can be found in the Brine Rat Cavern, near the skeleton Fremennik. After partial completion of Royal Trouble, a very quick, unlimited supply of rope can be found by searching a crate in the Miscellanian dungeon area, after squeezing into the lift room. If one has built a rope rack in one of the four possible locations, an unlimited supply of rope may also be obtained there.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|25 XP||-||3 (1.8s)||579|
|Must be performed at a spinning wheel|
Products[edit | edit source]
| Fishing net|
|Fremennik round shield||3,794|
| Rope bell-pull|
|Talon-3 razor wing||N/A|
| Twin anchors|
Other uses[edit | edit source]
Constructing items[edit | edit source]
- To make rope racks at 4 locations.
- Net trapping salamanders with the Hunter skill.
- Repairing the net in the Fishing Trawler minigame.
Moving around[edit | edit source]
- Entering the Lumbridge Swamp Caves.
- Entering the Kalphite Lair.
- Entering the Kalphite Queen chamber.
- To ride on eagles using the Eagle transport system.
- Level 25 Agility shortcut between Agility Pyramid and Scabaras dungeon.
- Entering the Waterfall Dungeon.
- Getting through the Underground Pass.
- To get to the Ogre Island east of Castle Wars.
- Completing the shortcut to the lower level of the Senntisten Asylum and completing the Abyssal Shortcut achievement.
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Used in the You Are It quest.
- Used in the Spirits of the Elid quest.
- Used in the Troll Romance quest.
- Putting the unfinished Rod of Ivandis in the well during and after In Aid of the Myreque.
- Getting underground using the winch in The Dig Site quest.
- To go around the guard on the way to the Mountain Camp during Mountain Daughter.
- Descending down the ground floor of the Temple of Light during Mourning's End Part II.
- Obtaining the red banana during Recipe for Disaster: Freeing King Awowogei.
- To pull off the grill on the pipe in the Plague City quest.
- Formerly used in the now-removed Prince Ali Rescue quest to tie up Lady Keli.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Barrel (Viyeldi caves)||N/A||1–5||Common|
Locations[edit | edit source]
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Aemad's Adventuring Supplies||East Ardougne||18||Coins||10|
|Dodgy Derek's Dirty Deals||Thieves' Guild||18||Coins||10|
|Dorgesh-Kaan General Supplies||Dorgesh-Kaan||18||Coins||10|
|Gunslik's Assorted Items||Keldagrim||18||Coins||10|
|Ifaba's General Store||Ape Atoll||18||Coins||10|
|Jack Oval's Crafting Shop||Taverley||18||Coins||1|
|Jiminua's Jungle Store||Tai Bwo Wannai, Karamja||18||Coins||10|
|Khazard General Store||Port Khazard||18||Coins||10|
|The Lighthouse Store||Lighthouse||18||Coins||10|
|Martin Thwait's Lost and Found||Rogues' Den||18||Coins||10|
|Nicholas Angle's Shop||Taverley||18||Coins||1|
|Obli's General Store||Shilo Village (location)||18||Coins||10|
|Shantay Pass Shop||Shantay Pass||18||Coins||100|
|Sigmund the Merchant (shop)||Rellekka||18||Coins||10|
|Trader Stan's Trading Post||Ports with charter ships||18||Coins||10|
|West Ardougne General Store||West Ardougne||18||Coins||10|
Item spawns[edit | edit source]
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Default disassembly items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 13 August 2013 (Update):
- A minor graphical glitch for the rope climb animation in Lletya has been fixed.
- patch 4 January 2012 (Update):
- The yak hair rope on the make-x interface no longer displays as the image for a magic string.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ned gives the illusion that he creates rope from wool. However, he actually trades it with Jofridr Mordstatter of Neitiznot in exchange for rope. After The Fremennik Isles, Ned will provide a 1-time second rope for free in exchange for silence.
- Rope is used with terrain in at least three different ways:
- Permanently placing the rope on the terrain. The rope simply remains there, allowing you to always pass the obstacle. The one used to enter the A Soul's Bane rift is one such example.
- Placing the rope on the terrain and losing it after limited use. For example, a rope is required to enter the pit where the Genie resides west of Nardah. When you leave the pit (whether by climbing up the rope or by teleport), the rope disappears. This requires you to bring a new rope each time you visit.
- Placing the rope on the terrain and getting it back after passing the obstacle. It automatically returns to inventory when you get past the obstacle. The rope used on the rock to enter the Mountain Camp is an example of this.
- The ropes that spawn in the Brine Rat Cavern apparently have a different ID as they are members only and cannot be traded. However, they are converted to regular ropes when picked up by the player.