The Karamja Dungeon is located underneath the Karamja Volcano, and the Crandor Dungeon is located underneath Crandor Island. Both dungeons are connected to each other. In order for a player to gain full access to the Crandor dungeon, they must have completed the final fight in the quest Dragon Slayer. To enter, players should go to the top of Karamja volcano and climb down the rope.
Until the advent of the Stronghold of Security, this dungeon was the most dangerous non-Wilderness area for free-to-play. To both members and non-members, it was, and still is, a veritable epicenter of training. Its proximity to the major fishing area of non-members makes it all the more popular. Although members have other areas that allow for faster training, making the dungeon obsolete for them, many still frequent the area for purposes of Slayer tasks, its proximity to a bank, and for somewhat common drops of the rune medium helmet.
- A dragon named Elvarg lives under Crandor. Players must slay her to complete the quest Dragon Slayer. Elvarg can only be fought once. Note that items in her lair cannot be telegrabbed from the outside.
- There is a wall in the Crandor Dungeon that, when pushed, takes the player to Karamja Dungeon, but only if the player has sailed to Crandor for Dragon Slayer.
- There are four runite rocks in the Karamjan Volcano Mine, guarded by skeletons.
- A resource dungeon can be found in the hallway with the Lesser Demons. It requires a Dungeoneering level of 25, and grants a one-time bonus of 2100 Dungeoneering Experience. Inside are more Lesser Demons in addition to many Imps.
- There is a red spiders' egg spawn among the deadly red spiders, and five single fire rune spawns among the southern lesser demons.
Mainly Elvarg, who is the antagonist in the Dragon Slayer quest.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 16 January 2012 (Update):
- Some floating shadows near the lesser demons in the underground Karamja dungeon have been fixed.