Crandor and Karamja Dungeon
|Crandor and Karamja Dungeon|
|Release date||23 September 2001 (Update)|
|Main music||Dangerous Road|
|Connected quests||Dragon Slayer|
|Inhabitants||Undead, demons, spiders, dragon|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Karamja Dungeon is located underneath the Karamja Volcano, and the Crandor Dungeon is located underneath Crandor Island. Both dungeons are connected to each other. In order for a player to gain full access to the Crandor dungeon, they must have completed the final fight in the quest Dragon Slayer. To enter, players should go to the top of Karamja volcano and climb down the rope.
Significance[edit | edit source]
Until the advent of the Stronghold of Security, this dungeon was the most dangerous non-Wilderness area for free-to-play. To both members and non-members, it was, and still is, a veritable epicentre of training. Its proximity to the major fishing area of non-members makes it all the more popular. Although members have other areas that allow for faster training, making the dungeon obsolete for them, many still frequent the area for purposes of Slayer tasks, its proximity to a bank, and for somewhat common drops of the rune medium helmet.
Features[edit | edit source]
- A dragon named Elvarg lives under Crandor. Players must slay her to complete the quest Dragon Slayer. Elvarg can only be fought once. Note that items in her lair cannot be telegrabbed from the outside.
- There is a wall in the Crandor Dungeon that, when pushed, takes the player to Karamja Dungeon, but only if the player has sailed to Crandor for Dragon Slayer.
- There are four runite rocks in the Karamjan Volcano Mine, guarded by skeletons.
- A resource dungeon can be found in the hallway with the Lesser Demons. It requires a Dungeoneering level of 25, and grants a one-time bonus of 2100 Dungeoneering Experience. Inside are more Lesser Demons in addition to many Imps.
- There is a red spiders' egg spawn among the deadly red spiders, and five single fire rune spawns among the southern lesser demons.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Skeleton, level 15, 32 and 58
Giant bat, level 44
Deadly red spider, level 95
Lesser demon, level 70
Personalities[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Dragon Slayer's final battle is located in the dungeon.
Music[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 16 January 2012 (Update):
- Some floating shadows near the lesser demons in the underground Karamja dungeon have been fixed.
|Cities, towns and settlements|
|Points of interest|