The TzHaar City is a city located underneath the volcano on Karamja. It is home to the TzHaar, a golem-like humanoid race. This is where the TzHaar Fight Pit and TzHaar Fight Cave activities can be played, as well as the only city that uses the Tokkul currency. The TokTz-Ket-Dill, The Elder Kiln, and Brink of Extinction quests also heavily feature the city. The city is also notably the one of the few sources of Onyx in the game (other than kingly impling jars, Nex, Kal'gerion demons and the Queen Black Dragon).
The entrance to the city.
None of the attackable TzHaar are aggressive. Be warned, the TzHaar-Mej and TzHaar-Hur may call for help from other TzHaar when attacked. All of the attackable TzHaar drop Tokkul, and occasionally they will drop various items that can be obtained from the weapons shop.
North of the Plaza there is a big door guarded by two TzHaar-Kets. When asked why players cannot pass, they are told that it is because the TzHaar citizens do not trust them enough to permit them further into the city yet. Even after completion of The Brink of Extinction, the player will be told that they cannot come in, as the inner city has streets full of lava, and they will not let the player in for fear of their skin burning off.
With the release of TokTz-Ket-Dill quest, players were able to access some certain areas of the city, such as the library and the mines. The TzHaar language and numbering system was also introduced to players through this quest.
The following places exist within the TzHaar City:
Note: The shops will not accept coins as currency; only Tokkul. TzHaar merchants will not buy items from players in exchange for Tokkul.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 4 August 2014 (Update):
- A pop-up message shown to members on TzHaar City entrance has been improved.
- Cave entrances in the TzHaar City leading to Elder Kiln, Library, and Fight Cave have been renamed to improve navigation.
- When talking to TokHaar-Hok during the Elder Kiln quest, if you aren't carrying TzHaar-Ket-Yit'tal's TokKul, you will be told where to get it.
- Clearer directions have been added to the Brink of Extinction quest journal to help players that were confusing the Fight Kiln and Fight Cauldron caves.
- Fight Kiln and Fight Cauldron are now on the Minigames tab if you have completed the requisite quests.
- Pluralised "Fight Pits" and "Fight Caves" text has been standardised to singular "Fight Pit" and "Fight Cave".
- ninja 17 March 2014 (Update):
- The TzHaar bank areas will now heal the player like other bank areas.
- patch 11 April 2012 (Update):
- Tzhaar bankers now have a right click "Collect" option.
- patch 22 June 2009 (Update):
- Graphically improved a small section of the TzHaar city area to fix its appearance in high and low detail modes.
- patch 25 February 2009 (Update):
- We've changed the way player stock prices are calculated at the TzHaar shops because a small number of people were taking advantage of the fact that TzHaar have little conception of how much human adventurers value gp. Obviously, we prefer fair trade, and the TzHaar should now be able avoid a recession.
- A rough translation of the TzHaar language was provided in Postbag from the Hedge, letters 12 and 14. Later, when the TokTz-Ket-Dill quest was released, a more comprehensive guide to the TzHaar language and numbering system was made available.
- Near the exit from the TzHaar City, there is a red egg sitting in the lava. When examined, it says "An egg incubated in the lava".
- Prior to their removal from the game, random events were not barred from the city itself, only from the activities taking place within the city.
- While looking through the orb of oculus, you may be able to see the stage where the TzHaar play is seen after TokTz-Ket-Dill, northwest of the bank.
- TzHaar got a first graphical update when TokTz-Ket-Dill was released on 13 May 2008. This was voted on in a poll from 13 November 2007.
- The TzHaar city and inhabitants were graphically updated again on 14 February 2012, Update:TzHaar Quest, Minigame and Graphical Rework. If a player was inside the city before the update, they would be automatically be transported to the entrance of the city. Prior to the same update, the player entered the city by first entering Karamja Volcano.
- As of 19 February 2012, entering the city from the volcano entrance changed your map orientation to South at the top.
- After The Chosen Commander, Zanik can be spotted in some parts of the city, with her telling you that she is attempting to reach Jad in the Fight Caves.