|Release date||19 September 2005 (Update)|
|Points of interest|
|No. of banks||5|
|No. of altars||0|
|No. of small obelisks||1|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The TzHaar City, or Mor Ul Rek in the TzHaar language, is a city located underneath the volcano on Karamja. It is home to the TzHaar, a golem-like humanoid race. This is where the TzHaar Fight Pit and TzHaar Fight Cave activities can be played, as well as the only city that uses the Tokkul currency. The TokTz-Ket-Dill, The Elder Kiln, and Brink of Extinction quests also heavily feature the city.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- TokKul-Zo teleport directly to the Fight Cave, Fight Kiln, Fight Cauldron, Fight Pit, or city centre.
- Fairy ring blp is located near the Fight Cave.
- Amulet of glory teleport to Karamja, then run west from the banana plantation to the main entrance atop the Karamja Volcano.
- Karamja lodestone teleport, then run east from Brimhaven, through the members' gate, to the volcano.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Personalities[edit | edit source]
Places of interest[edit | edit source]
The following places exist within the TzHaar City:
- Banks - The main plaza bank accessed via TzHaar-Hur-Zuh; four banks located at minigame entrances, including one in the Fight Cauldron lobby.
- Fight Cauldron - A safe combat activity where players fight endless waves of monsters to gain obsidian shards and combat experience. Requires Brink of Extinction to enter.
- Lava Furnace - Furnace for smelting ores and crafting.
- TzHaar City mine - Contains three gold and three silver rocks. These rocks provide a safe spot for ranging/maging some of the monsters.
- TzHaar-Hur-Lek's Ore and Gem Store - Run by TzHaar-Hur-Lek, the one and only place where players can buy an uncut Onyx for 2,700,000 Tokkul.
- TzHaar-Hur-Tel's Equipment Store - Run by TzHaar-Hur-Tel. Stocks a wide range of unique weaponry made of obsidian.
- TzHaar-Mej-Roh's Rune Store - Run by TzHaar-Hur-Roh
- Fairy ring - Code BLP
- TzHaar Fight Pit - A safe activity where players fight against each other in a free-for-all arena.
- TzHaar Fight Cave - A safe combat activity where players fight waves upon waves of monsters, up until the legendary level 702 TzTok-Jad.
- TzHaar mine - Contains 8 coal, 3 mithril, and 2 adamant rocks. Accessible after the TokTz-Ket-Dill quest.
- Small obelisk for recharging summoning points.
- Start points of the TokTz-Ket-Dill, The Elder Kiln, Brink of Extinction quests.
- Exit to the Karamja Volcano
- Sulphur vents - Scattered all over the city; can be used as cooking ranges.
- Birthing Pool where eggs of the TzHaar are kept and eventually hatched.
- Tok-Haar Fight Kiln - A harder version of the TzHaar Fight Cave where you battle waves of Tokhaar for a reward of either an uncut onyx or a Tok-Haar Kal (chosen by the player).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
Music unlocked[edit | edit source]
- In the Pits - The main area of TzHaar City
- Fire and Brimstone - In the TzHaar Fight Pit activity
- TzHaar! - In the TzHaar Fight Cave activity
- Tzhaar City I - Tracks I-V: In the TzHaar City
- Tzhaar City II
- Tzhaar City III
- Tzhaar City IV
- Tzhaar City V
- Tzhaar Supremacy I - Tracks I-III: In the Fight Pit, Fight Caves and Fight Kiln
- Tzhaar Supremacy II
- Tzhaar Supremacy III
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 4 August 2014 (Update):
- A pop-up message shown to members on TzHaar City entrance has been improved.
- Cave entrances in the TzHaar City leading to Elder Kiln, Library, and Fight Cave have been renamed to improve navigation.
- When talking to TokHaar-Hok during the Elder Kiln quest, if you aren't carrying TzHaar-Ket-Yit'tal's TokKul, you will be told where to get it.
- Clearer directions have been added to the Brink of Extinction quest journal to help players that were confusing the Fight Kiln and Fight Cauldron caves.
- Fight Kiln and Fight Cauldron are now on the Minigames tab if you have completed the requisite quests.
- Pluralised "Fight Pits" and "Fight Caves" text has been standardised to singular "Fight Pit" and "Fight Cave".
- patch 21 January 2014 (Update):
- The examine option on a pillar that marks the TzHaar City plaza's bank area has been fixed.
- patch 22 June 2009 (Update):
- Graphically improved a small section of the TzHaar city area to fix its appearance in high and low detail modes.
- patch 25 February 2009 (Update):
- We've changed the way player stock prices are calculated at the TzHaar shops because a small number of people were taking advantage of the fact that TzHaar have little conception of how much human adventurers value gp. Obviously, we prefer fair trade, and the TzHaar should now be able avoid a recession.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A rough translation of the TzHaar language was provided in Postbag from the Hedge, letters 12 and 14. Later, when the TokTz-Ket-Dill quest was released, a more comprehensive guide to the TzHaar language and numbering system was made available.
- Near the exit from the TzHaar City, there is a red egg sitting in the lava. When examined, it says "An egg incubated in the lava".
- Prior to their removal from the game, random events were not barred from the city itself, only from the activities taking place within the city.
- While looking through the orb of oculus, you may be able to see the stage where the TzHaar play is seen after TokTz-Ket-Dill, northwest of the bank.
- TzHaar got a first graphical update when TokTz-Ket-Dill was released on 13 May 2008. This was voted on in a poll from 13 November 2007.
- The TzHaar city and inhabitants were graphically updated again on 14 February 2012, Update:TzHaar Quest, Minigame and Graphical Rework. If a player was inside the city before the update, they would be automatically be transported to the entrance of the city. Prior to the same update, the player entered the city by first entering Karamja Volcano.
- The old TzHaar city had an inner area that players could see but not access. With the graphical update, this inner area was removed. The two TzHaar-Ket outside the inner city gates claim that the player cannot enter as the lava would scald them to death.
- As of 19 February 2012, entering the city from the volcano entrance changed your map orientation to South at the top.
- After The Chosen Commander, but before The Mighty Fall, Zanik can be spotted in some parts of the city, with her telling you that she is attempting to reach Jad in the Fight Caves.
- The TzHaar name for the city, Mor Ul Rek, is derived from the TzHaar name for the eggs of the Elder Gods, MorRek (roughly "Elder Children" or "Elder Young").
- The name Mor Ul Rek was however first introduced in Old School RuneScape.
|Troll Country & The North|
|Tirannwn & Galarpos|
|Cities, towns and settlements|
|Points of interest|