|Release date||19 September 2005 (Update)|
|Points of interest|
|No. of banks||5|
|No. of altars||0|
|No. of small obelisks||1|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The TzHaar City is a city located underneath the volcano on Karamja. It is home to the TzHaar, a golem-like humanoid race. This is where the TzHaar Fight Pit and TzHaar Fight Cave activities can be played, as well as the only city that uses the Tokkul currency. The TokTz-Ket-Dill, The Elder Kiln, and Brink of Extinction quests also heavily feature the city. The city is also notably the one of the few sources of Onyx in the game (other than kingly impling jars, Prifddinas gem rocks, Nex, Kal'gerion demons and the Queen Black Dragon).
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- TokKul-Zo teleport directly to the Fight Cave, Fight Kiln, Fight Cauldron, Fight Pit, or city centre.
- Fairy ring blp is located near the Fight Cave.
- Amulet of glory teleport to Karamja, then run west from the banana plantation to the main entrance atop the Karamja Volcano.
- Karamja lodestone teleport, then run east from Brimhaven, through the members' gate, to the volcano.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
The TzHaar City features several different native inhabitants of the volcano, known as the TzHaar:
Name Combat level Occupation Attackable? TzHaar-Ket 86 Guards of the TzHaar race Yes TzHaar-Xil 86 Hunters TzHaar-Mej 86 Advisors; some are leaders of the city TzHaar-Hur 86 Craftsmen TzHaar-Hur-Lek N/A Runs the ore and gem shop No TzHaar-Hur-Tel Runs the weapons shop TzHaar-Hur-Roh Runs the rune shop TzHaar-Mej-Jal Guards the TzHaar Fight Cave. Banker. TzHaar-Mej-Kah Proprietor of the TzHaar Fight Pit. Banker. TzHaar-Hur-Zuh Banker TzHaar-Mej-Lor Librarian
None of the attackable TzHaar are aggressive. Be warned, the TzHaar-Mej and TzHaar-Hur may call for help from other TzHaar when attacked. All of the attackable TzHaar drop Tokkul, and occasionally they will drop various items that can be obtained from the weapons shop.
North of the Plaza there is a big door guarded by two TzHaar-Kets. When asked why players cannot pass, they are told that it is because the TzHaar citizens do not trust them enough to permit them further into the city yet. Even after completion of The Brink of Extinction, the player will be told that they cannot come in, as the inner city has streets full of lava, and they will not let the player in for fear of their skin burning off.
With the release of TokTz-Ket-Dill quest, players were able to access some certain areas of the city, such as the library and the mines. The TzHaar language and numbering system was also introduced to players through this quest.
Places of interest[edit | edit source]
The following places exist within the TzHaar City:
- Banks - The main plaza bank accessed via TzHaar-Hur-Zuh; four banks located at minigame entrances, including one in the Fight Cauldron lobby.
- Fight Cauldron - A safe combat activity where players fight endless waves of monsters to gain obsidian shards and combat experience. Requires Brink of Extinction to enter.
- Lava Furnace - Furnace for smelting ores and crafting.
- TzHaar City mine - Contains three gold and three silver rocks. There rocks provide a safe spot for ranging/maging some of the monsters.
- TzHaar-Hur-Lek's Ore and Gem Store - Run by TzHaar-Hur-Lek, the one and only place where players can buy an uncut Onyx for 2,700,000 Tokkul.
- TzHaar-Hur-Tel's Equipment Store - Run by TzHaar-Hur-Tel. Stocks a wide range of unique weaponry made of obsidian.
- TzHaar-Mej-Roh's Rune Store - Run by TzHaar-Hur-Roh
- Fairy ring - Code BLP
- TzHaar Fight Pit - A safe activity where players fight against each other in a free-for-all arena.
- TzHaar Fight Cave - A safe combat activity where players fight waves upon waves of monsters, up until the legendary level 702 TzTok-Jad.
- TzHaar mine - Contains 8 coal, 3 mithril, and 2 adamant rocks. Accessible after the TokTz-Ket-Dill quest.
- Small obelisk for recharging summoning points.
- Start points of the TokTz-Ket-Dill, The Elder Kiln, Brink of Extinction quests.
- Exit to the Karamja Volcano
- Sulphur vents - Scattered all over the city; can be used as cooking ranges.
- Birthing Pool where eggs of the TzHaar are kept and eventually hatched.
- Tok-Haar Fight Kiln - A harder version of the TzHaar Fight Cave where you battle waves of Tokhaar for a reward of either an uncut onyx or a Tok-Haar Kal (chosen by the player).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
Music unlocked[edit | edit source]
- In the Pits - The main area of TzHaar City
- Fire and Brimstone - In the TzHaar Fight Pit activity
- TzHaar! - In the TzHaar Fight Cave activity
- Tzhaar City I - Tracks I-V: In the TzHaar City
- Tzhaar City II
- Tzhaar City III
- Tzhaar City IV
- Tzhaar City V
- Tzhaar Supremacy I - Tracks I-III: In the Fight Pit, Fight Caves and Fight Kiln
- Tzhaar Supremacy II
- Tzhaar Supremacy III
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 22 June 2009 (Update):
- Graphically improved a small section of the TzHaar city area to fix its appearance in high and low detail modes.
- patch 25 February 2009 (Update):
- We've changed the way player stock prices are calculated at the TzHaar shops because a small number of people were taking advantage of the fact that TzHaar have little conception of how much human adventurers value gp. Obviously, we prefer fair trade, and the TzHaar should now be able avoid a recession.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A rough translation of the TzHaar language was provided in Postbag from the Hedge, letters 12 and 14. Later, when the TokTz-Ket-Dill quest was released, a more comprehensive guide to the TzHaar language and numbering system was made available.
- Near the exit from the TzHaar City, there is a red egg sitting in the lava. When examined, it says "An egg incubated in the lava".
- Prior to their removal from the game, random events were not barred from the city itself, only from the activities taking place within the city.
- While looking through the orb of oculus, you may be able to see the stage where the TzHaar play is seen after TokTz-Ket-Dill, northwest of the bank.
- TzHaar got a first graphical update when TokTz-Ket-Dill was released on 13 May 2008. This was voted on in a poll from 13 November 2007.
- The TzHaar city and inhabitants were graphically updated again on 14 February 2012, Update:TzHaar Quest, Minigame and Graphical Rework. If a player was inside the city before the update, they would be automatically be transported to the entrance of the city. Prior to the same update, the player entered the city by first entering Karamja Volcano.
- As of 19 February 2012, entering the city from the volcano entrance changed your map orientation to South at the top.
- After The Chosen Commander, Zanik can be spotted in some parts of the city, with her telling you that she is attempting to reach Jad in the Fight Caves.