Mami Rimba is a witchdoctor stationed north of the Monastery of Saradomin near Edgeville. She is said to be friends with Papa Mambo, being as crazy as he is but delved into more disturbing magicks. She has tapped into the power of the bloodwood tree, which grows only in places of bloodshed such as the Wilderness, to craft a special bolt that is effective against mages. She would sell the bolt tips necessary for making the bolts. She sells bolt tips for 200 coins each and packs of 50 for 10,000 coins in her shop.
She also makes a minor appearance in Manor Farm once the player achieves the Master Farmer rank, growing a bloodwood tree at the bloodwood tree patch there after realizing that the ground is suitable for one, though she does not state her reason for doing so.
Concept art of Mami Rimba.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 18 February 2013 (Update):
- Mami Rimba has caught up with the times and now accurately describes the special abilities of Bakriminel bolts.
- patch 11 April 2012 (Update):
- Some atmospheric sound effects around Mami Rimba have been fixed.
- There is an ambient sound in close proximity with Mami Rimba that sounds like she is whispering foreign incantations at the tree.
- Her name is a pun on the Marimba, a Guatalaman musical instrument. This comes about because "Mami" (meaning mother, as contrasted with Papa Mambo) can be shortened to "Ma", leading to the name "Ma Rimba". This instrument is also referenced in the name of the monkey goddess Marimbo.
- Apparently, there is a rumour that Mami Rimba used to have twenty children and several husbands, but killed them because they were making lots of noise one night.