|Release date||23 October 2006 (Update)|
|Actions||Talk-to, None, Examine|
- He's poking his farming patch with my dibber.
- My rake is in the hand of My Arm.
|NPC ID||4947, 4948, 4949, 4957, 4958, 4959, 6711, 13324, 19381|
|Infobox • Talk page|
My Arm is a troll farmer at the rooftop of Troll Stronghold. He is the main focus of My Arm's Big Adventure quest as well as Burntmeat's assistant.
My Arm may occasionally appear at Manor Farm, asking for help with an easy Farming Guild request.
His name "My Arm" derived from when he was just a baby. Trolls are named after the first thing they - successfully or not - ate. Since he first tried to eat his dad's arm, his dad decided to name him "My Arm".
My Arm is introduced to the adventurer at the very beginning of the quest. Burntmeat learnt that goutweed could be grown again as it was previously thought to have been botanically extinct after the trolls had picked it all for use as a cooking ingredient. Burntmeat discovered that it was possible to regrow the weed when he was interrogating a captured adventurer who he was preparing to boil into a stew, after he learnt about this he cooked him anyway. Burntmeat encourages the adventurer to speak with My Arm to begin to process of regrowing the herb.
My Arm is an avid farmer but unfortunately he has little knowledge of how farming actually works; he had planted several objects on the roof of the Troll Stronghold, such as crates, rocks and a goat, which did not grow, much to his confusion. He asked the adventurer to grab a goutweed from the troll cooks in Death Plateau, and after the adventurer obtains some, he "tests" it by eating the goutweed, much to their disappointment. He later accompanied them to Tai Bwo Wannai village to get hardy gout tubers since a normal gout tuber could not resist the mountain climate.
While the adventurer was completing tasks for the locals in order to collect the tubers, My Arm became impatient and caused havoc in the village. The adventurer barely manages to get him back onto the boat.
Upon getting the tubers, My Arm recommended that they bring combat gear from the bank before returning to the Troll Stronghold. My Arm later plants the gout tuber, and with help from the adventurer, successfully grows some goutweed, throwing a Drunken dwarf off in the process. However, a Baby Roc appears, though the adventurer quickly kills it. My Arm tells them that that was just the small one, and the Giant Roc later appears. My Arm assists the adventurer in killing it, and after it dies, picks some goutweed and gains a Farming level.
My Arm creates a new herb patch to thank the adventurer for their efforts, ensuring that it will not become diseased.
Due to being the only troll that was capable of farming goutweed, the trolls' demand for goutweed skyrocketed and he was growing as much as he could to sate their appetite. The troll warlord Pretty Flower would eventually hear of this and called My Arm down to the Barendir tunnels to grow food for him, as the warlord feared that someone would try to poison him.
When the adventurer searched the tunnels to find allies, they stumbled into the troll encampment. Pretty Flower believed they were a tall dwarf and attempted to eat them, but My Arm states that they are a human, so the warlord does not eat them out of fear of being poisoned. He later gives them a pretty flower, which the adventurer uses by claiming that Colonel Grimsson gave it to him, resulting in Pretty Flower's army wiping out the chaos dwarf army outside Keldagrim.
My Arm later appears on Yu'biusk along with Burntmeat during the The Mighty Fall quest. He says that he came to the Kyzaj Tournament in support the adventurer instead of the troll champion Lol, as he would rather cheer for a friend. My Arm was initially unaware of Bandos' death, and only finds out when Burntmeat mentions it. He also brought a bank chest into the camp for his friend to use.
When the group discovered a human infiltrator, the adventurer killed him. My Arm then told his friend to search the body for anything of importance, and they found a note which stated that there were more infiltrators disguised as goblins around the camp.
If spoken to after the quest, he will comment about their performance in the Kyzaj. If the adventurer killed Zanik, he doesn't seem to show any sadness or anger, stating that Zarador made a "compelling" statement, though he hopes that he doesn't get thrown into a pit with them.
My Arm's patches after Unknown date (edit)
My Arm's patches after Unknown date (edit)
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 14 July 2014 (Update):
- Mentions of My Arm changing the Trollheim teleport to God Wars Dungeon have been updated to mention the new standalone God Wars Dungeon teleport spell.
- ninja 9 June 2014 (Update):
- Players can now pay farmers for farming plot protection while their Greenfingers aura is active.
- ninja 24 February 2014 (Update):
- My Arm has decided to permanently keep the door leading to his herb patch open.
- patch 25 May 2011 (Update):
- My Arm once again farms his own patch.
The patches in which My Arm tried to farm
- When using goutweed on My Arm, he will say "Stop it - you make My Arm hungry".
- In the beginning of the quest My Arm's Big Adventure, when joking about My Arm's name, he tells you about how he sees players with numbers and weird names. This is claimed a joke by Jagex considering how many players have numbers in their usernames.
- My Arm tried farming before the quest; he tried "growing" a trolley, a crate, rocks, a tree branch, some fish, and a goat.
- Once you return from Ardougne, My Arm says "Dolce domus" and claims that "It means home, sweet home in some old language". This language is actually Latin, which he knows because he is an "ed-yu-cat-ed troll".
- While My Arm is watching his goutweed, if it becomes diseased, My Arm will state "Uh oh - goutweed got diseased." before using plant cure on it.
- ^ My Arm, "My Arm's Big Adventure", RuneScape. "My Arm done tried farming before. I stick all kindsa things in da ground, but nothing ever grow, not even when I water 'em. I bin planting everythin', [Player]. Sticks, rocks, dead goats... you name it."
- ^ My Arm, "My Arm's Big Adventure", RuneScape. "Yep, it tasting like goutweed too."
- ^ Murcaily, "My Arm's Big Adventure", RuneScape. "No, not with a normal gout tuber. Those just won't survive the conditions. You'll need a special hardy gout tuber."
- ^ My Arm, "My Arm's Big Adventure", RuneScape. "You take far too long chattin' with Murcaily. My Arm come in to hurry things up.
Player: You could have really damaged their village!
My Arm: Silly humans got such flimsy homes. One good thump an' der walls come down."
- ^ My Arm, "My Arm's Big Adventure", RuneScape. "How 'bout we just go back to Ardougne so you can get your fightin' stuff..."
- ^ My Arm, "My Arm's Big Adventure", RuneScape. "T'anks for saving da goutweed, [Player]. But I fink dis other birdie not happy with you...
Player: What other birdie?
My Arm: Dat birdie behind you."
- ^ My Arm, "My Arm's Big Adventure", RuneScape. "Now you know more 'bout herbs. Also, I made a new farming patch like you showed me. Whatever you plant in it, I make sure it don't get disease."
- ^ My Arm, "King of the Dwarves", RuneScape. "Dat not dwarf. Dat human!
Pretty Flower: Hmm, Me not know if human good to eat. Human might be poisoned. Me not eat you, poisoned human. Go away before me change mind."
- ^ My Arm, "King of the Dwarves", RuneScape. "Me never think of that before. Well, anyway, here you go."
- ^ Pretty Flower, "King of the Dwarves", RuneScape. "Me not let dwarf insult me! Me crush smelly dwarf! Listen me now, trolls! We go to kill smelly chaos dwarves!"
- ^ My Arm, "The Mighty Fall", RuneScape. "Nah. We not into all dat politics. We cheer for friend."
- ^ My Arm, "The Mighty Fall", RuneScape. "Wait, Big High War God is dead?"
- ^ My Arm, "The Mighty Fall", RuneScape. "We made dis little camp for you to rest at. I brought dat bank chest to change your gear at and Burntmeat been cookin'."
- ^ My Arm, "The Mighty Fall", RuneScape. "Check 'is body, 'e might 'ave somefin' on 'im."
- ^ My Arm, "The Mighty Fall", RuneScape. "Shame you had ta kill 'er but I guess Zarador made a convincin' argument. I just 'ope I nevva get chucked in a pit wiv you!"