Winter Chill Off
|Winter Chill Off|
|Release date||27 January 2020 (Update)|
|Head developer||Mod Campfire|
|Preceded by||Yak Track|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Winter Chill Off was a time-limited event hosted by Mini Morn that started on 27 January 2020 and ended at the end of 2 February 2020. Throughout the event, players could earn Chill Off tokens anywhere in Gielinor which could be converted to mystery boxes or used at one of the skilling stations in Lumbridge Crater for extra experience and to progress in the event.
Handing in skill tokens at the stations would count them as the player's vote. The way you hand in tokens was by skilling in a given station, this would take 5 tokens per action and provide increased experience rates as well as counting as progress for the event. Ironman accounts could not vote on which skill(s) should stay.
At the end of each day the featured skill with the fewest votes was eliminated. Players could still use the skilling stations for the eliminated skills, however votes could no longer be handed in.
Like previous skill offs, skill pets could be obtained while participating in the skilling activities at the event. Divination fragments could be obtained from the Divination hole. Strange rocks and golden rocks could not be obtained.
Login messages[edit | edit source]
Logging in during the event prompted the following message:
Skilling activities[edit | edit source]
At the start of the event, all activities were available to participate in, awarding a set amount of base experience. Every day, the activity with the fewest votes would be "eliminated", while the remaining activities would receive a 10% increase to their base experience. Following elimination, a skill station may still be trained at, however the experience gained will remain the same as it was before its elimination.
There is a 10% experience boost in Lumbridge Crater during the event which is added as base experience. This affects all skilling done in the area. Each activity offers either two or three possible options, of which one is active. The active option will glow similar to a rockertunity in the activities where movement to the correct spot is involved. Skilling at an active option yields four times as much experience as skilling at an inactive option. The event tab shown while skilling has a "Consume Tokens" checkbox. If checked, Chill Off tokens will be used while training. This makes every experience drop consume five tokens, increasing the base experience by four times the amount received when skilling at an active option on the first day of the event regardless of whether the option is active at that time. 100 spent tokens count for a vote towards that skill. If one runs out of tokens while participating in an activity, the experience rate resumes to normal until more tokens are obtained, at which point the tokens will be used again automatically if the checkbox is checked.
All activities provide continuous experience at 3-second intervals until the activity is interrupted.
|Activity||Initial base XP/action[a 1]||Initial base XP/hr[a 1][a 2]||XP/action increase with tokens[a 3]||Final XP modifier[a 3][a 4]||Host||Date eliminated|
|Bad Hair Day (brew hair growth potions at cauldrons)||60||72,000||240||+50%||Joey|
|Pet Parade (join the pet parade at Gabe)||52||62,400||208||+40%||Gabe||1 February 2020|
|Demon Souls (magic at Magic Sign and sword at Sword Sign)||80||96,000||320||+30%||Morn||31 January 2020|
|Holey Retribution (divinate at the Divination hole)||52||62,400||208||+20%||Eva||30 January 2020|
|Ups and Downs (fletch arrows at Fletching workbenches)||64||76,800||256||+10%||Gunther||29 January 2020|
|Burn It Down (keep her lit at the bonfire)||68||81,600||272||+0%||Peter||28 January 2020|
- ^ a b At maximal level in the respective skill before base XP modifiers, while skilling at the active option. Includes the 10% global experience bonus in the area.
- ^ Based on 1,200 exp drops per hour.
- ^ a b Added as base experience.
- ^ Does not include the global experience buff you get within the area; it is already counted in base experience.
Shop[edit | edit source]
Players could purchase boosts from the shop tab in the event interface.
|Small event currency package||Provides 500 Chill Off tokens||45 RuneCoins|
|Medium event currency package||Provides 2500 Chill Off tokens||240 RuneCoins|
|Large event currency package||Provides 5000 Chill Off tokens||385 RuneCoins|
|Currency doubler||Doubles currency gained during the Chill Off, and gives you any currency you would have missed.||195 RuneCoins|
Chill Off tokens can be converted from a player's inventory or currency pouch into mystery boxes.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 500 or 1,000 tokens can be converted into an event mystery box or big event mystery box respectively. Right-clicking the Chill Off tokens gives a 'Convert' option.
- The Blightreaver (2H) override and the snack yak can be purchased for 10,000 and 20,000 tokens respectively by talking to Norm.
- Six crumpled letters can randomly be obtained by skilling at each station.
- If the Blightreaver (2H) override is owned, the Blightreaver (2H) (Empowered) override can be unlocked by either:
- Using 'sword' at the Demon Souls activity (you don't need to use the override)
- Killing 10,000 monsters while using the Blightreaver (2H) override
- If the Blightreaver Staff override is owned, the Blightreaver Staff (Empowered) override can be unlocked by either:
- Using 'magic' at the Demon Souls activity (you don't need to use the override)
- Killing 10,000 monsters while using the Blightreaver Staff override
|Chill Off tokens||Reward milestone|
|2,500||Big event mystery box (Winter Chill Off)|
|10,000||Big event mystery box (Winter Chill Off)|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 17 February 2020 (Update):
- The Winter Chill off has now been removed from the Lumbridge Crater.
- patch 3 February 2020 (Update):
- Empowered Blight Staff and Sword are now available as rewards from the Winter Chill Off.
- hotfix 3 February 2020 (Update):
- Fixed Norm in the Winter Chill Off event to allow you to correctly purchase the Currency doubler through the dialogue options if you have the Blightreaver unlocked
- Some skilling stations have been adjusted in Winter Chill Off as they were changing states quicker than anticipated.
- The Winter Chill-Off interface will now correctly display how much increased experience a player will earn from the event.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Upon release there was a bug when talking to Norm about the currency doubler in which he would state that you would receive the amount of tokens equal to that received during the Summer Skill Off if the player had participated in that event.
- The Pet Parade marches in a clockwise direction. In the Summer Skill Off, the parade marched anti-clockwise.
- If you try to teleport while skilling, some of the skilling stations have a unique way to say you cannot teleport while skilling.
- Agility: "You're having such a wonderful time with the animals that you don't want to teleport away."
- Herblore: "If you teleport away now Joey might end up being bald forever. Can you live with that on your conscience?"
- Dungeoneering: "It's too dark to teleport."
- The Slayer activity name is a reference to Demon Souls, a video game by FromSoftware.
- Choosing the "Excited!" walk at the Pet Parade causes the player to walk with a unique animation not seen elsewhere.
- Inside Instance shard worlds and after the event ended, the event interface would show that all skills were in 1st place, awarded +10% more experience, and had 99999999 votes.