King Slime is a large slime that occasionally terrorises Rimmington. It first featured in the Treasure Hunter promotional event, Slime is of the Essence, and then was set up with Queen Slime during the Once Upon a Slime quest.
The King Slime was an accidental consequence of Peter dumping his failed experiment of gourmet, sweetened lime, gelatinous dessert in the well of Rimmington, which fused with an unknown element deep within it.
With the assistance of the player, Barry and Paul, the King Slime is finally banished into a magical rift.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- On the third day of the event, clicking on King Slime will result in unique dialogue options, one of which being "I have decided to accept our new slime overlord". This is a reference to the meme "I, For One, Welcome Our New ______ Overlords".
- Using any item on the King Slime gives the message "Nothing gloopingly interesting happens."
- ^ Peter, "Slime is of the Essence", RuneScape. "Gourmet. Sweetened lime. Gelatinous dessert. But that's besides the point! It all went wrong, embarassingly wrong, I couldn't bare to let anyone know. So, late that night while everyone was asleep, I carried my failed experiment all the way to here in Rimmington... And dumped it in the well."
- ^ Peter, "Slime is of the Essence", RuneScape. "When I did so I heard some strange noises coming from deep within the well. Strange, gurgling noises. I didn't really think much of it at the time, thought it was maybe a polar bear or something. But it appears it was something worse, something much, much worse."
- ^ Peter, "Slime is of the Essence", RuneScape. "It's been entirely sucked into the rift! It's someone else's problem now!"