Ava is a scientist residing in the secret room of Draynor Manor, on the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US]. She works as the assistant of Professor Oddenstein, following the incident where Ernest was polymorphed. As part of her research into necroballistics, she invented a device which can return used ammunition and various metal items. However, in order to actually build the device, she required the help of a passing adventurer to obtain the ingredients. Afterwards, she rewards the player with an attractor. She returns lost devices for a fee of 999 coins.
She can upgrade the attractor to an accumulator for 75 steel arrows, provided the player's Ranged level is at least 50. During Do No Evil, the device is further upgraded to the alerter, which has a higher magic, ranged, attack and defence bonus while retaining the same level requirement. It is used to detect buried metal items in the desert.
She also runs a small shop, Ava's Odds and Ends, once Animal Magnetism is completed. This can be useful to obtain the 75 steel arrows needed to upgrade the device.
Ava is also a witness in the Ernest v. Professor Oddenstein court case.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 13 May 2010 (Update):
- Fixed a render problem with Ava's coat in Standard Detail.
- patch 17 November 2009 (Update):
- Fixed Ava's arm from bending in odd directions.
- Ava sells the attractor for 999 coins as it seems less expensive than 1000 coins. This is a modern marketing technique whereby goods are sold in figures ending in 9 to make them appear cheaper.
- Her research into necroballistics is a combination of necro-, meaning death, and ballistics, which explains why her devices use undead chickens to retrieve ammunition.
- When players attempt to use a feather on her she says "What are you doing? I'm not ticklish."
- Wearing the full chicken set from the 2007 Easter event will unlock additional dialogue with Ava.
|Part 11 of the Desert quest series|
- Monkey, ghost
- Monkey, ghost, camel
- Monkey, ghost, cat
- Monkey, ghost, cat, camel
- Monkey, ghost, cat, enchanted
- Monkey, ghost, cat, camel, enchanted