Peter is a chef that features in several time-limited events as well as the Once Upon a Slime quest. He first appeared in Slime is of the Essence.
In an attempt to create a gourmet, sweetened lime, gelatinous dessert for his finer things club, Peter accidentally created King Slime when he threw his creation down the Rimmington well, which then fused with an unknown element.
Taking responsibility, he initially recruited Captain Gloop B Gon to combat his creation, convinced in the slime enthusiast's supposed skill and also due to the low rates offered. To his dismay, the inexperienced captain was consumed almost immediately.
In the end, he decided to recruit passing adventurers to assist him in utilizing various methods to take down the king slime, and would reward them with various slimey rewards.
Peter could also be found during the Summer Skill Off, as the host of the Cooking station. He was the first to be eliminated.
He can also be found during the Winter Chill Off event, tending to the Bonfire as the host of the Firemaking station. His station was the first to be eliminated again.
During the Once Upon a Slime quest, the players helps Peter with getting King Slime and Queen Slime together.
- Peter speaks with a Northern Irish accent.
- Peter, in his Sous chef's outfit, pays homage to the late comedian and writer Peter Cook.
- His initial guess of a polar bear being the source of noises emanating from the well after he dumped his failed gelatinous creation is a reference to spottable PBJ agents after completing the Hunt for Red Raktuber quest.
- After lamenting the demise of Captain Gloop, Peter mentions that he should have hired Special Agent Dale Deglooper instead. This is a reference to Special agent Dale Cooper from TV show Twin Peaks.
- ^ Peter, "Slime is of the Essence", RuneScape. "Gourmet. Sweetened lime. Gelatinous dessert. But that's besides the point! It all went wrong, embarassingly wrong, I couldn't bare to let anyone know. So, late that night while everyone was asleep, I carried my failed experiment all the way to here in Rimmington... And dumped it in the well."
- ^ Peter, "Slime is of the Essence", RuneScape. "When I did so I heard some strange noises coming from deep within the well. Strange, gurgling noises. I didn't really think much of it at the time, thought it was maybe a polar bear or something. But it appears it was something worse, something much, much worse."
- ^ Peter, "Slime is of the Essence", RuneScape. "Fine... I hired a professional slime hunter to deal with the slime, he seemed like the real deal."
- ^ Peter, "Slime is of the Essence", RuneScape. "... and he was the cheapest I could find."
- ^ Peter, "Slime is of the Essence", RuneScape. "Yeah! ... He was consumed almost immediately."