Quick guide for Shades of Mort'ton
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Diary of Herbi Flax in a house on the south-west side of Mort'ton.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat||
Start[edit | edit source]
Serum 207[edit | edit source]
- Make Serum 207 by adding clean tarromin and ashes to a vial of water.
- Use it on Razmire (afflicted) in the general store.
- Kill five loar shades and pick up their remains. Be sure to talk to Razmire first.
- Give him the remains. He may require more Serum 207.
- Use the serum on Ulsquire Shauncy, located in the house east of the general store.
- Wait a minute and ask him about the remains and the temple.
- Talk to Razmire.
- Buy at least one olive oil from his general store and optionally a Flamtaer hammer.
- Open his builders' store.
- Buy 5 timber beams, 5 limestone bricks, 25 swamp paste.
Repairing the temple[edit | edit source]
- For solo questers: Shade luring dummies can be used to distract the Loar Shades when repairing the temple. Using the Flamtaer bracelet, the solo player can instantly create the temple walls section by section, until at 100%. About 8 bracelets each with 2 charges are required for this method.
- Head north-east of Mort'ton and repair the temple until you reach 100% repair and at least 10 sanctity. (use world 88 the official world to make it easier)
- Light the sacred altar in the centre of the temple.
- Use your olive oil on the flame to make sacred oil.
- (Optional) Use Serum 207 on the flame to make Serum 208, which permanently cures NPCs. (Requires 20 Sanctity)
Burning a shade[edit | edit source]
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 3 quest points
- 2,000 experience
- 2,000 experience
- A few hundred coins if the player uses Serum 208 on Razmire (195) and Ulsquire (196)
- Ability to create Serum 207 and Serum 208
- Ability to play the Shades of Mort'ton minigame, burn shades, and claim the rewards from the shade keys.
- After the quest, players can take the Diary of Herbi Flax to the Apothecary in Varrock who will exchange the book for 335 Herblore experience. This can only be done once.
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Shades of Mort'ton is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests:
- Full completion of Azzanadra's Quest
- Children of Mah
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dimension of Disaster
- Dimension of Disaster: Curse of Arrav
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Full completion of Hero's Welcome
- In Memory of the Myreque
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir
- Nomad's Elegy
- One of a Kind
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- River of Blood
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Branches of Darkmeyer
- The Light Within
- The Lord of Vampyrium
- The Lost Toys
- The Mighty Fall
- The Temple at Senntisten
- Full completion of The World Wakes
|Related to the Myreque quest series|