The Mighty Fall - Quick guide
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to Ur-tag in Dorgesh-Kaan. Show on map|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official length||Long to Very Long|
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat|
Graardor's march[edit | edit source]
Bandosian congregation[edit | edit source]
- Go to the dark hole under the hollow tree in the Lumbridge Swamps.
- Descend into the cave. Speak to any NPC to be directed to the leaders.
- Speak to one of the leaders and suggest a candidate for the new leader Kyzaj Tournament to determine the new leader. to continue. The leaders will not agree and will insist upon having a
- Return to Dorgesh-Kaan and speak to Zanik, who is still with Ur-tag (Where you started the quest).
- Travel to the Bandosian camp on the east side of the Goblin Village and talk to Zanik once more (a teleport using the Wicked hood to the mind altar, or a Goblin Village sphere can be used).
Return to Yu'biusk[edit | edit source]
Items recommended: Armour
- Enter the portal to travel to Yu'biusk.
- Go up one ladder and travel to the north-east corner to talk to Zarador, who will explain the rules of the tournament.
- Head to your camp (travel west, down 2 ladders into a small room with a cooking pot) and talk to Burntmeat or My Arm.
- Continue the chat dialogue while a goblin messenger arrives to announce the details of your first fight (don't try to talk to him directly). He reveals that your first opponent is Yelps, champion of the goblins.
- Kill the human infiltrator when he appears. If Burntmeat doesn't suggest searching his body, check the normal guide for possible solutions to progress the quest.
- Return east to Zarador.
- Talk to the following goblins and kill them:
Goblin guard, climb up the ladder south of Zarador, then south-east next to a big chest. Goblin guard at the crossroads west of Zarador. Goblin guard in the Troll tower near the entrance. Goblin ork, in the Ork Tower next to Bork. Goblin cleaner in the Goblin camp to the west, near Yelps.
The Kyzaj Tournament[edit | edit source]
Items recommended: Armour, food, potions
If you die during the tournament, your gravestone will appear outside the Yu'biusk portal.
- Return to Zarador once all infiltrators have been dealt with.
Use the bank chest beside Zarador to bank any forbidden items. He will also explain the rules of the tournament. Talk to him once more to begin the tournament.
Yelps[edit | edit source]
- Your first opponent is Yelps, the goblin champion.
- Kill his bodyguards quickly.
- Soul Split is extremely useful in this fight.
- When he spins try to avoid him, he'll throw coins on the spot where he will teleport to and spin next. He will spin at 4-5 locations before cooling down. Avoid standing close to either Yelps or the coins he throws when he is using his spin attack.
- Within the blue area (this cannot be seen if you have your idle animations on "few"), he will deal heavy damage over time.
- After defeating Yelps, you can choose to kill or spare him.
- After you have made your choice speak to Zanik outside of the portal.
Lol[edit | edit source]
- You cannot wear armour in this fight (including auras, pocket items, and jewellery). To check which items you cannot bring, just try to start the battle. Lol is protected from ranged and magic, meaning ranged and magic damage are greatly reduced, so melee must be used.
- When you are ready, talk to Zarador again to enter the fight.
- Lol will throw rocks at you that deal heavy damage if you don't move, similar to ranger trolls' special attack. These can be destroyed, inflicting light damage; otherwise, they will explode later inflicting a greater amount of damage, although this damage can be avoided by standing more than 2 squares away from all rocks.
- Try to dodge Lol's rock-throwing attack in such a way that all the rocks will be concentrated in a corner of the arena. When warned a rock is being thrown, step one space to the side, repeating in a clockwise or anticlockwise fashion.
- After Lol has been defeated, you must once again choose to kill or spare him.
General Graardor[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Zarador again and, after some dialogue, he will give you a weapon known as the Kyzaj, the namesake of the tournament. He will tell you that you must use it against your final opponent, General Graardor, the champion of the ourgs.
- Talk to Zanik outside of the portal and she will explain a bit about the Kyzaj and teach you how to wield and use it.
- When you are ready to begin the final battle, return to Zarador and talk to him.
In this fight you cannot bring in your own weapons, and prayer is disabled. You may equip armour and jewellery, although non-combat items and runes are forbidden. The Kyzaj will automatically equip itself once the fight starts, and you will not be able to equip it beforehand.
- Graardor attacks exclusively with melee, using his own Kyzaj to attack instead of his fists like he usually does. He has a number of special abilities that you must watch out for:
- He will occasionally raise his Kyzaj to his side and use a sweeping attack, dealing 40% of your maximum life points. This can be avoided by stepping two squares to the side. Do not try to back up, the platform is small.
- Graardor will periodically smash the centre of the platform, causing a large blast. The damage caused by these blasts is unavoidable, although the amount taken depends on how close you are to the centre of the arena. The further away you are from the centre, the less damage you take.
- When he shouts "GLORY TO BANDOS!", he will break off part of the arena you are standing on into the deadly fluid below, dealing heavy damage and ending any combo attacks you have going. This can be avoided by moving away before he does.
- If ran under, Graardor will perform a stomp attack, dealing considerable damage and stunning you.
The new Big High War God[edit | edit source]
- Zarador throws Zanik into the arena, giving you two choices: you may either slay Zanik or spare her.
- Slaying Zanik not only disqualifies you from the fight and results in Graardor becoming the new Bandosian leader, but also shows you to be a true Bandosian before the assembled horde.
- Sparing Zanik allows her to become the new Bandosian leader.
- Regardless of your choice, the feud between the cave goblins and Bandosians will be resolved.
- Your Kyzaj appearance will initially depend upon your decision to kill or spare Zanik (you receive the Bloodied kyzaj if you kill her or the Honourable kyzaj if you spare her), but these can be freely exchanged after the quest.
- If you chose to kill Zanik, you must speak to General Graardor to find out his plans (Graardor can be found by going south from Zarador, up the ladder, and taking the first pathway to the west to the bank spot).
- If you chose to spare Zanik, you must speak to her and find out her plans (Zanik is standing next to Zarador).
- Speak to Zarador one final time.
- Return to Ur-tag in Dorgesh-Kaan.
- Congratulations, quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 quest points
- 75,000 experience lamp used for any combat skill (including Summoning, Prayer and Slayer) at or above level 79
- 50,000 experience lamp used for any combat skill (including Summoning, Prayer and Slayer) at or above level 69
- 80,000 experience
- 80,000 experience
- A Kyzaj, to which you can add a Bandos hilt to increase its stats from tier 70 to tier 75.
- "Honourable Kyzaj" and the "Bloodied Kyzaj" cosmetic overrides for mauls
- The [Name] the Champion title
- Bandos's Memories book. Additional pages come in the form of 13 green Bandos chronicles, which can be found while exploring Yu'biusk. They are similar to Chronicle fragments from Divination, and will only appear when you come within close range of them, granting 10 Divination experience when caught.
- Ability to use the God Wars Dungeon Teleport spell
- Improved drops from Bork
- Yelps's very own cash bag and Expired spin ticket. These can be reclaimed by speaking to Yelps (if spared), or by searching his Chest (if killed).
- You can speak to Zarador after the quest to change your Kyzaj from an honourable to a bloodied one, and vice versa. This effect is purely cosmetic.
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
The Mighty Fall is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- Aftermath (miniquest)
- Full comprehension of Azzanadra's Quest
- Full comprehension of Battle of the Monolith (miniquest)
- City of Senntisten
- Full comprehension of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full comprehension of Desperate Times
- Eye of Het I (miniquest)
- Eye of Het II (miniquest)
- Sins of the Father (miniquest)
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad (miniquest)
- Twilight of the Gods