- Equip a Ring of visibility.
- Find the World Gate, south of the Eagles' Peak lodestone.
- Speak to Azzanadra.
- The following part can be skipped if you already activated the World Gate after Mahjarrat Memories.
- Click the controls right near the gate until you reach .
- Rotate left until you reach .
- Rotate right until you reach .
- Put on a face mask or equivalent protection to avoid taking 50 damage every 15 seconds while in Freneskae.
- Enter the World Gate to enter Freneskae.
- Run through Freneskae using the map below to reach the Sanctum, move fast and avoid the hazards.
The solution to the final puzzle.
- Optional: Deposit collected Memoriam crystals in the middle to see memories.
- Go to North side of the room to the door puzzle.
- Match the symbols up together to light up the lines in between them three times to open the door, then enter.
- Kill the four nihils then enter the next area (to the north). All nihils use a special attack after hissing. Each nihil always runs in the same direction. Therefore, a pair of nihil (ice and shadow or smoke and blood) can be killed first, leaving areas between the tracks unused and safe. Don't stand in the middle, as you might be dashed by multiple nihils at once.
- The smoke nihil attacks with Magic. Its special attack will decrease Attack, Strength, Magic, Ranged, and Defence by 15. Its charge will decrease these stats by 5.
- The shadow nihil attacks with Ranged, and its special attack creates Nex-like shadow bomb at the position of player that deals rapid damage. Players should move away as soon as the floor below him/her is darkened by a circular spot. Shadow nihil darkens the whole screen whenever it approaches the player, both when charging or fighting the player, but this causes no gameplay difference.
- The blood nihil attacks with melee. Its special attack causes all incoming damage to heal it, indicated when the creature lowers its head and begin to glow. It also will passively heal other nihil if it is damaged. Its charge inflicts a bleed similar to Slaughter that begins at 100 damage.
- The ice nihil attacks with Magic, and its special attack applies a six second stun and drains player's Prayer points by 50% of its maximum. Its charge drains the player's Prayer points by 25% of its maximum.
Warning: This part requires good equipment and a lot of food. A beast of burden is recommended. If you accept Zaros help against Mah, he will provide you with full prayer along the fight and less damage from Mah.
- Attempt to descend the ledge (to the north) then speak to Zaros.
- Defend against monsters while Mah has her nightmare (progress displayed at the top of the screen). Note: Use Freedom or Anticipate when Mah clenches her hands to avoid being stunned when she screams in agony.
- When the progress is 0%, climb down the summit.
- Collect The Measure and place it on the ground near faint wisps to activate them for harvesting (wisps can be found on the center and edges of the cave. After revealing one, it will be a yellow dot on minimap).
- When you get 250, weave it into a simulacrum (dark to help Zaros, light to hinder Zaros).
- Return to Zaros by exiting the rock face (west of the energy rift).
- Talk to Azzanadra through the world gate.
- Quest complete!
- Additional rewards/activities
- A survivor's lamp which grants 75,000 experience in a chosen combat skill (80+, excluding prayer/summoning) up to three times, if you talk to Azzanadra in the Senntisten Temple (requires completion of The Temple at Senntisten)
- A large prismatic lamp from Wahisietel (Ali the Wise) in Nardah (requires completion of Ritual of the Mahjarrat)
- The [Name] the Annihilator title, if you kill all four of the nihil while they are all attacking you at once, either during or after the quest
- Two cosmetic head overrides, the Helm of Zaros and Crest of Seren, after finding all the memoriam crystals on Freneskae
- A teleport to the World Gate added to the Sixth-Age circuit by speaking to the Guthixian High Druid (requires full completion of The World Wakes)
- If a charged engrammeter is used on Freneskae, 25,000 experience is granted, and you take less damage from environmental effects (requires completion of Mahjarrat Memories)
- If you visit the Empyrean Citadel throne room and attempt to leave, Sliske will appear and answer one question, before giving you a gift: the ability to see into the Shadow Realm without the ring of visibility (requires completion of The General's Shadow and Ritual of the Mahjarrat). This still happens after Sliske's Endgame.
- Four elder chronicles, each granting 50,000 experience when The Measure is placed:
- Music unlocked
Fate of the Gods is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests: