Quick guide for Nomad's Elegy
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Zimberfizz at Soul Wars|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
The following quests take place before Nomad's Elegy and are recommended if you wish to avoid spoiling them, but they are not requirements.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat|
Beginning[edit | edit source]
- Make sure you have combat equipment (but not your familiar yet) from this point. If you die, you will be returned to Death's office and will have to leave and re-enter via Death's Hourglass (i.e. not War's Retreat) to resume progress with the quest.
- Speak to Zimberfizz in the Soul Wars area.
- Investigate Nomad's tent to the east.
- Investigate the throne, some crystals to the west, and sticky goo south of that.
- Investigate the strange emissions to the southwest. You will be sent to Death's Realm.
- Go through the dialogue and travel through Death's door to the north.
Freeing Zanik[edit | edit source]
- Speak to Death again.
- Embark on the Bloodstained Jetty to the north-east. (You cannot bring a familiar here.)
- If you leave the Underworld, you can return by entering Death's Office from Draynor. Do not enter from War's Retreat.
- Defeat oncoming waves of Bandosians to protect the cave goblins. There are three waves, and progress is saved after each wave. Aggression potions can help, though some of the Bandosians can slip past.
Gathering your allies[edit | edit source]
- Embark on the Dusty Jetty to the north-west.
- Speak to Astrid/Brand.
Jessika/Korasi[edit | edit source]
- Speak to Korasi/Jessika in the house north of Bob's Brilliant Axes.
- Travel to the south-west of Lumbridge Castle grounds. Speak to Wizard Grayzag for half of Korasi's/Jessika's memories.
- Travel to the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the Lumbridge Castle wall using the southern gate ladder (not within the main castle keep), and speak to the person you saved in The Void Stares Back to recover the other half of Korasi's/Jessika's memory.
- Combine the memory halves.
- Return Korasi's/Jessika's completed memory to her north of Bob's Axes.
Hazelmere[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Hazelmere on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of Lumbridge castle.
- Find and talk to him again on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] and above on the 3rd floor[UK]4th floor[US] where the bank normally is by using the ladder on the north side of the building.
- Climb either of the two tower ladders of the castle gate (not within the main castle keep); he will be on the 2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US].
- Speak to Hazelmere in what would normally be Bob's Axes.
- Speak to Hazelmere west of Lumbridge Castle.
- Speak to Hazelmere next to Astrid/Brand.
Xenia[edit | edit source]
- Speak to Xenia in the Lumbridge Castle ground floor[UK]1st floor[US].
- Attempt to open the chest in the northern room on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US].
- Climb to the 2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US] and attempt to open the chest in the room.
- Combine the memory halves and return the completed memory to Xenia.
- Talk to Astrid/Brand.
- Enter the portal to leave.
Approaching the fortress[edit | edit source]
Interrogation[edit | edit source]
- Plan the war table in the centre area.
- Begin torturing Legio Septimus. The player must go through dialogue asking him all the questions. Select Threaten him, then 'remove' crystals until Legio dies.
Battering ram[edit | edit source]
If you fail at any point, just go back in and click on the War Table.
- Click the war table and select any two companions.
- Collect 25 wood and 25 metal. You can put both companions on the same material; by time you complete the other, they will be finished.
- Leave through the exit once complete.
- Build the battering ram to the north.
- Return to the war table.
- Slowly walk the battering ram across the bridge and through the doors.
It is recommended to use an Aggression potion for this next part, to keep the focus of the enemies on you rather than the battering ram.
- Suggestion 1: Put Zanik north-west by battering ram, Death north-east and the remaining four block off the start of the bridge while fighting.
- Suggestion 2: Place your companions three on each side of the ram, and stand on the bridge's edge blocking off all the monsters while using an aggression potion which requires level 82 Herblore. Fight or withstand the attacks until the ram is done.
- Choose to either assault the fortress head-on, or detour to the side.
- Once inside, you'll have to fight Nomad.
Fighting Nomad and Gielinor[edit | edit source]
Items recommended: High-tier shield for the use of resonance, stat-boosting potions, Guthix Staff, debuff spells, beast of burden, power armour (armour value doesn't matter)
If at any point you wish to leave, go back to the entrance and select "quick leave". When you return, you will resume the fight at the beginning of that phase. If you die, your gravestone spawns outside Death's Hourglass.
First combat phase[edit | edit source]
- Dwindle away Nomad's health, and move away from the centre of the bridge to avoid Gielinor's hand. Also move away from shadows that appear on the ground to avoid rapid powerful magic attacks. Use Surge if you can.
Xenia[edit | edit source]
- Stand in the middle of each three section in the area and constantly use the 3 abilities made available. Move to the next one when one side is finished.
- Use Fire Blast when Rorarii are present.
- Use Shield Dome when Gladii are present.
- Use Shadow Stalk when Scutarii are present.
- Every time you attack a Capsarii, it will heal Xenia for a small amount.
Second combat phase[edit | edit source]
- In addition to the previous phase's attacks, when Nomad teleports you near him and orders you to 'face his wrath', switch to your shield to use Resonance to negate any and all damage from the attack.
Death[edit | edit source]
- Go directly north, south, east and west of Gielinor. Each time provoking him and quickly getting out of the way, to then use Scythe on the hand, and finally claim the released spirit.
Third combat phase[edit | edit source]
- In addition to the previous phases' attacks, Nomad will create a clone of himself when he reaches half health. Kill them both (you might kill Nomad first, in which case you will move on).
Icthlarin[edit | edit source]
- Quickly and without stopping, run around the area anti-clockwise, releasing the souls as you get in the middle of a group of them. Make sure to get over half of the initial total number of spirits.
- The more souls you release, the more powerful the attack reflected onto Gielinor will be.
- Once all souls have been released, continue circling until Gielinor stops firing the beam, then shield yourself from Gielinor's attack with the ability, in order to reflect the damage onto Gielinor.
- You will have to repeat this process a few times.
Final combat phase[edit | edit source]
- In this phase, Nomad will only be using rapid melee attacks. Kill him by any means, if using Ranged or Magic, then you can run around the room to avoid damage from Nomad, using Surge to gain distance. Watch out for Gielinor's attacks. Protect from Melee or Deflect Melee, especially combined with Devotion, can reduce or negate much of Nomad's damage in this phase, though the speed of his attacks can still be problematic.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- Choose who ends Gielinor.
- Decide Nomad's fate.
- After the cutscene, speak with Death.
- Choose Zanik's fate.
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- 50,000 experience Construction Lamp
- 50,000 experience Mining Lamp
- 50,000 experience Woodcutting Lamp
- 50,000 experience Combat Lamp
- If your inventory space is full, the lamps can be claimed from your respective Soul Wars host, depending on your choice at the end of the quest.
- Invention blueprints for soul-in-a-box and urn enhancer, both of which require level 24 Invention.
- Access to Memory of Nomad Distraction & Diversion
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Nomad's Elegy is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
|Part 3 of the Sliske quest series|