|Release||18 October 2004 (Update)|
|Teleports||Games necklace Drakan's medallion|
|doc • Talk page|
Getting There[edit | edit source]
- Games necklace teleport to Burgh de Rott. Jump the gate out of Burgh de Rott, run north to Mort'ton, then northeast from the Mort'ton town centre to Flamtaer.
- Drakan's medallion teleport to Barrows. Run southwest to Mort'ton, then north to Flamtaer.
- Fairy ring bkr to the Mort Myre Swamp, then run south past the Nature Grotto and down the winding path to Mort'ton. Lower-levelled players should equip a snelm and bring a Druid pouch.
Temple building and repair[edit | edit source]
Building and repairing the Temple of Mort'ton requires 3 building resources which can be purchased from Razmire Keelgan's building shop.
A unit of 5 resource takes 1 brick, 1 beam and 5 pastes which is taken from the player's inventory and then stored in the player's temple repair resource pool during repair or reinforcement of the temple walls. The maximum resource is 105; when it reaches 100 the player receives the message: 'Your temple repair resource pool is full.' When the resource falls to 99, if the player's inventory still has enough resources, those resources are transfer to the resource pool and the resource goes up from 99 to 104 or 105.
A player can carry a load of up to 26 bricks which do not stack. Other required items are paste, beams and money. So, 1 loads will give a minimum of 100-105 resources.
Each resource used to repair or reinforce the temple will give 5 Sanctity points.
|Limestone brick 21 coins||1||2||4||10||20|
|Timber beam 1 coin or Plank 100 coins||1||2||4||10||20|
|Swamp paste 31 coins||5||10||20||50||100|
|Sanctity earned during repairs||25||50||100||100||100|
|10 Sanctity needed to light fire; 20 to make Serum 208; 2-3 to make each Sacred oil|
Using a Flamtaer hammer gives 3-30 Crafting experience per second. An average of 12-15,000 xp per hour can be earned.
Players first start with 'Repair broken wall' then 'Repair temple wall' until it goes up and becomes 'Reinforce temple wall'. It requires at least 3 players to repair the 15 wall sections.
Fire altar[edit | edit source]
When the Repair State reaches 100%, the Fire altar automatically appears and can be lit with a tinderbox for 100 Firemaking experience. Wearing the Ring of fire or Flame gloves does not give the 2% or 5% Firemaking experience bonus which is given only for burning logs. After one minute from being lit, the altar is destroyed and the game checks the repair state. If the temple is at 100% Repair, the altar reappears, needing another relight to be active again.
With a minimum of 10% Sanctity, olive oil used on the Flaming Fire altar turns into sacred oil which is used to change logs to pyre logs to cremate shade remains for Firemaking and Prayer experience. Each vial of oil created uses up 2-3 Sanctity points. (four dose vials use 3-4 sanctity).
Fighting shades[edit | edit source]
Temple collapse[edit | edit source]
If the number of players repairing the temple falls below 2-3, the temple begins to fall down, one or more wall segments at a time. Two players coordinating their bank runs can keep a temple up and running continuously.
About every 1.5 to 2 hours, the temple reset cycle starts with entire wall sections disappearing. Players should concentrate on 'Repair walls' instead of 'Reinforce walls' sections; However in a small party situation, one player should reinforce the walls while others move about repairing. Corners are frequently the reason why the temple stalls close to 100% because the presence of last corner brick is indistinguishable from the ground.
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Flamtaer used to be a full village and was the hometown of the Zarosian warrior Torva. It was destroyed by a pack of ripper demons who slew Torva's fellow villagers and family, but were repelled by Torva. Mort'ton is a rebuilding of the town.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ a b Virtus book, written by Torva, RuneScape. "My battalion arrived in my old hometown, Flamtaer, this morning. No. More accurately, what had been rebuilt of it. Our reports from Viggora had been at least in part on point. The old temple, intact after the ripper attack years ago has been intentionally destroyed but the other structures have been crudely rebuilt."
- ^ Nex's followers, RuneScape. "Torva started from humble roots in a small village. He single-handedly turned away a pack of ripper demons, while his family and neighbours lay dead about him."
|Related to the Myreque quest series|
|Materials and tools|