|Nature Spirit (#55)|
|Release date||13 July 2004 (Update)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Official description[edit | edit source]
After saving the holy man Drezel, he's seeking some assistance again.
This time he has a special request for any adventurous sorts to search for the Druid 'Filliman Tarlock' and brave the terrors that infest the swamp of Mort Myre.
Runescape Game Guide
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Drezel under the Saradomin temple near the River Salve.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official length||Short to Medium|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat||
Mort Myre Swamp[edit | edit source]
To start this quest, speak to Drezel, who is located in the passageway bordering Morytania and the forest east of Varrock (underground, beneath Paterdomus). If you've haven't talked to him in the mausoleum since completing Priest in Peril, you will need to talk to him a second time to begin the quest. He asks you to do something dangerous for him, tells you to look for his friend Filliman Tarlock who lives in the south of the swamps of Mort Myre and warns you about the ghasts living there. Confirm that you're sure you want to help and he tells you that you should run away from the ghasts since only Filliman knew how to deal with them. Drezel then gives you six pies (3 meat and 3 apple) to take to Filliman. He also tells you that he saved a few runes which you can use after finding his friend. Put on your ghostspeak amulet now, and make sure you have it on throughout the quest. If you've lost the amulet, you can always speak with Father Urhney in the Lumbridge Swamp to retrieve it.
Pass through the Holy barrier south of Drezel to journey out of the temple and into Morytania, then run south towards through gate of a fence to reach Mort Myre. You must use this gate, or else Filliman will not appear later in the quest when you try to enter his grotto. You will find ghasts in this swamp, near-invisible monsters who cannot be attacked and will attempt to rot your food. They often miss, but if you run out of food, they will hit damage on you. You lose a small amount life points at random when in the swamp. This will not happen in the nature grotto.
Go south in the swamp all the way to its south edge, where you will see a large round island with the druid's grotto. You will also see the summoning icon on the minimap. Jump across the broken bridge to the island. If you fail you will swim straight across and lose a small amount of health.
The Nature Grotto[edit | edit source]
Filliman Tarlock should be standing outside the Grotto tree. If not, try to enter the grotto by right clicking on the tree and he will come out. After you talk to him and tell him that he's a ghost, he won't believe that he's dead, so take the washing bowl off the nearby table to find a mirror underneath. Take the mirror and use it on the spirit of the dead Filliman. After further convincing he finally starts to believe that he is in fact a ghost, although he still feels like he's alive. He has misplaced his journal and asks you to find it for him. Search the grotto tree to find it and then talk to him again to give it to him.
Ask him about his plan and Filliman will tell you that he wishes to become a nature spirit. Ask him if you can help him and he starts interpreting the vague writing in the journal you gave him. He gives you a druidic spell that you can use to cast bloom after you have been blessed in order to find something from nature referenced in the journal. You need to go back north through the gate to Drezel where you started and ask him to bless you. After that ask him to teleport you back to Filliman.
You need to get three things:
- Something with faith - Get Drezel to bless you. He will offer to send you back to Filliman using his runes, and he will do this at any time during the remainder of the quest.
- Something of nature - After Drezel has blessed you, find a rotting log in the swamp. There is a small group of logs north-west of the Grotto, just across from the island. The rotten log won't show up if you hover the cursor over it, only if you click it. Use the druidic spell in the area of the log to make a mushroom (Mort myre fungus) grow. Pick the mushroom up and show it to Filliman.
- Something with the spirit-to-become freely given - The "A used spell" card (The used druidic spell).
Infinite prayer free bloom casts:
- Now that the first spell is used, new ones can be obtained from Filliman that still have charges using the drop trick. The scrolls he gives do not drain prayer like the Bloom spell in the blessed sickle and can be used even after the quest is completed. They are only limited to inventory space, and it is recommended for those with low prayer to grab several. This is the only time when he will offer them.
Now you need to go back to Filliman and do the following:
- Use the Mort myre fungus on the western brown stone.
- Use A used spell card on the eastern grey stone.
- Stand on the southern orange stone.
Use each item on the stones. Tell Filliman you solved the puzzle and he will ask you to come inside the grotto. (If he disappears before you finish, just click enter on tree again and when he appears exit the conversation by walking to the orange stone. Then click Filliman again while standing on the orange stone.)
Enter the tree and talk to Filliman, and he will become a nature spirit. He will then ask you to get a silver sickle, so now is a good time to go and make one. It can be made by using a silver bar on a furnace together with a sickle mould, which can be bought for example at Dommik's Crafting Store in Al Kharid and add it to your tool belt. After you've made the sickle return to Filliman (who is now in Nature Spirit form) and give it to him. He will bless it, give you back a silver sickle (b) along with a druid pouch, and tell you to kill three ghasts.
Return to the swamp with the silver sickle (b) and use it to cast Bloom spells (right-click option, each cast costs a random number of prayer points). When cast right next to small bushes, rotting logs, and rotting branches in the swamp, some randomly created produce will grow that can be harvested: pears, fungi, and stems respectively. Use the druid pouch to fill it up (fill is the left click option). A minimum of three harvests are needed to proceed. However, it is a good idea to fill your druid pouches as ghasts will attack you regardless, spending charges, and you may find yourself in a small predicament when you have no more prayer points left to harvest more produce! It is recommended to collect several druidic spells as an alternative, see above. Also see articles on the blessed sickle and the druid pouch for more information on using Bloom and charging the pouch.
When a ghast attacks, it will use up one of your pouch's blooms, causing the ghast to become fully visible and attackable. While a ghast is attackable you may use any weapon to kill it, you are not required to equip the silver sickle (b). Kill three ghasts by using your druid pouch on the ghast, then talk to the Nature Spirit again. If you can't find him, search the branch inside the grotto and he will appear. He will redecorate the grotto and reward you.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 quest points
- 3,000 experience lamp
- 2,000 experience lamp
- 2,000 experience lamp
- Access to Mort Myre Swamp through the gate, which also allows easier access to Mort'ton and the Barrows activity as well as most of Southern Morytania
- 3 apple pies and 3 meat pies unless they were rotted by the Ghasts
- Access to Altar of Nature, where you can replenish and temporarily boost your prayer points by twenty
- Ability to craft silver sickles
- Ability to fight Ghasts by using druid pouches
- If you lose your blessed sickle you can regain it by dipping a sickle in the Altar of Nature
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Nature Spirit ( 0) – Complete this Novice quest.
- Morytania achievements
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Nature Spirit is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- A Fairy Tale I - Growing Pains
- In Search of the Myreque
- Recipe for Disaster
- Recipe for Disaster: Freeing the Lumbridge Sage
- Full completion of While Guthix Sleeps
- A Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen
- A Fairy Tale III - Battle at Ork's Rift
- Full completion of Azzanadra's Quest
- Back to my Roots
- Full completion of Battle of the Monolith (miniquest)
- Children of Mah
- City of Senntisten
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Eye of Het I (miniquest)
- Eye of Het II (miniquest)
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Full completion of Hero's Welcome
- Hopespear's Will
- In Aid of the Myreque
- In Memory of the Myreque
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Legacy of Seergaze
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir (saga)
- Nomad's Elegy
- Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Finale
- Full completion of Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Fortunes
- One Foot in the Grave
- One of a Kind
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Recipe for Disaster: Defeating the Culinaromancer
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- River of Blood
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Branches of Darkmeyer
- The Darkness of Hallowvale
- The Light Within
- The Lord of Vampyrium
- The Lost Toys
- The Mighty Fall
- Full completion of The World Wakes
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Credits[edit | edit source]
|Art & Graphics|
|Quality assurance||Simon B|
|Quest Help||Nishal K|
|Databox • Talk page|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 7 September 2020 (Update):
- ninja 22 January 2018 (Update):
- patch 8 January 2018 (Update):
- The quest overview screen for Nature Spirit can no longer be accessed on free worlds.
- patch 7 March 2016 (Update):
- Drezel no longer stretches when casting a spell during the Nature Spirit quest.
- patch 17 March 2014 (Update):
- patch 19 November 2013 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- All the blessing effects in the quest, including Drezel's blessing on the player, Filliman becoming a Nature spirit, turning the cave into the Nature grotto, blessing the sickle and using the pouches on the ghasts are very similar to the Earth Blast effect before the spell update. When Filliman transforms into a Nature spirit, four "Earth Blasts" hit him with the visual effect like Earth Wave.
- Upon completing this quest one's Adventurer's Log will read: "I braved the ghasts of Mort Myre and aided the ghost of Filliman Tarlock to become a nature spirit."
- While this quest is members-only, it can be started by free players by speaking with Drezel under the Saradomin temple.
|Part 2 of the Myreque quest series|
|Lores and Histories|