|Release date||7 March 2005 (Update)|
|Leader||Hamal the Chieftain|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Mountain Camp is the current settlement of the migratory Mountain Tribe and is located near the Troll Stronghold. It is also the focus for most of the Mountain Daughter quest. Locals will address players who have completed The Fremennik Trials by their Fremennik name. Players who have started A Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen can quickly access the camp by entering the code ajr, or use a Slayer ring teleport. The player must then run north-west past the Musician and climb over the Rockslide to the east. To gain access to this city before the completion of the Mountain Daughter quest, you must bring a rope and take the north path, then climb the cliff side. Before the re-vamping of Trollheim, players would use a rope on a boulder, then climb down.
Due to its remote location and lack of resources, Mountain Camp is rarely visited by players. The only non-quest uses are for some treasure trail clues, and as the second location to find Philipe after the Carnillean Rising quest for extra xp reward points. He may be found just outside the camp near the agility entrance.
Getting There[edit | edit source]
- Ring of slaying to the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon. Run northwest to the low rock wall.
- Fairy ring AJR to the same location. Run northwest.
- Rellekka lodestone. Run southeast to the low rock wall.
History[edit | edit source]
The Mountain Tribe were once part of the Fremennik people. As the Fremenniks settled down and built the village of Rellekka, they felt that the people have grown complacent and that they depend too much on their tools - weapons and armour - than their inherent skill. The Mountain Tribe eventually split, believing their migratory lifestyle kept them closer to nature than their Fremennik counterparts. Shortly before they left, they stole an ancient relic of the Fremennik, the Ancient Rock, souring the already tense relationship between the two.
Hamal, their leader, chose the mountainous region for their camp as it was free from the troublesome trolls and the "delvings of the deformed dwarves".
Personalities[edit | edit source]
Hamal the Chieftain, the Chieftain of the Mountain Camp
Jokul, he is located in the goat pen and appears to own the goats
Ragnar, the fiance of Asleif, the chieftain's daughter
Guard, guards the camp, and is very suspicious of outerlanders
Asleif, daughter of Hamal. She was killed by the Kendal and buried by the player - her spirit can be talked to during the quest
Attackable[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
Music[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 31 May 2016 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where you could vault to the centre of the lake at the Mountain Camp from too far away.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Mountain Camp is one of the few places in RuneScape to have a weather animation, wherein snowflakes can be seen falling past the player's screen at all times.
- The Mountain Camp people seem to resemble the nomadic Sami, as well as the Huns and Mongol peoples in their traditions, whereas the Fremennik seem to resemble the Norse people. In real life, there is a controversial and hypothesised connection between the two cultures, too, based in their language stem: the Uralic and Altaic language families might be related.
|Related to the Fremennik quest series|