|Release||24 August 2004 (Update)|
|doc • Talk page|
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- Trollheim Teleport teleports the caster to the top of Trollheim, just outside of Eadgar's cave. Players must have at least Magic level 61, and completed Eadgar's Ruse quest to use this spell.
- From Burthorpe, travel north past the Death Plateau and through the arena.
- Travel through the fairy ring system, using combination AJR (Kandarin) and travel through the Troll Stronghold. This requires climbing boots.
- This route is used to reach the God Wars Dungeon. It is recommended to use the Protect from Missiles prayer near the level 68 thrower trolls, because they are aggressive to players less than combat level 137.
- A "Trollheim Teleport-Tab" can be made after the Love Story quest, by using a chisel on a "Teleport-to-house" tab. However it also requires you to take a diary from Runvastr in Keldagrim to the Wise Old Man in Draynor Village
Agility shortcuts[edit | edit source]
Trollheim has several climbable Agility shortcuts which vary in required Agility levels from 41-64. The most important shortcut (to avoid the rock-throwing trolls) requires level 44. Players with low Agility can still reach the summit by using the winding paths. On this map paths are marked in white, and dangerous areas in red.
Other[edit | edit source]
- Mad Eadgar resides in his cave at the top of the mountain.
- A small obelisk can be found at the summit of Trollheim.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Many quests involving trolls are also involved with Trollheim:
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 7 February 2012 (Update):
- Climbing this mountain's shortcuts now functions correctly when under attack.
- patch 5 July 2011 (Update):
- The camera no longer jumps around when climbing down the agility shortcuts.
- patch 28 June 2011 (Update):
- The Trollheim agility shortcuts no longer stop the player if selected from a large distance away.
- patch 28 March 2011 (Update):
- patch 24 November 2010 (Update):
- The in-game spam filter now filters the entire fail message when climbing rocks on this mountain.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Trollheim is a possible reference to the Norwegian valley, Trollheimen. But since heim means home in Norwegian and German, Trollhome seems more likely.
- Every troll, or troll cities have the names dialected into Norwegian. This is likely a reference to the fact that they live at the top of Gielinor, and Norway is at the top of Europe.
- Some of the rocks (not the ones you can climb) have amusing examine texts. One reads "It's a troll! Run! No, wait, it's just a rock" and another one reads "These make great pets".
|* denotes locations on other worlds.|
|Part 2 of the Druid's Circles quest series • Part 3 of the Troll quest series|