Fremennik names are given to a player at the end of the quest The Fremennik Trials. This name accompanies the player throughout the whole RuneScape game, unless it is changed with the ring of charos (a). Using the power of the ring of charos (a), players may ask Brundt the Chieftain for the Fremennik name to be changed. Doing so yields a new random name for that player.
The name is used to call the players while they are in Rellekka, Lunar Isle, Mountain Camp, Miscellania and Etceteria (except if previously crowned), Neitiznot, Jatizso, Waterbirth Island, and the Barbarian Outpost.
Names do not appear to be gender specific as some have been assigned to both genders (e.g. Rakkir, Raktor, Thorrak, Tonkar). Also, it appears as though names are generated by using one of 16 different prefixes (Bal, Bar, Dal, Dar, Den, Dok, Jar, Jik, Lar, Rak, Ral, Ril, Sig, Tal, Thor, and Ton) and one of 17 different suffixes (dar, dor, dur, kal, kar, kir, kur, lah, lak, lim, lor, rak, rar, tin, ton, tor, and vald). That would indicate potentially 272 different Fremennik names are available.
List of known Fremennik names[edit | edit source]
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 9 June 2009 (Update):
- Resolved an issue where your Fremennik name was coming out as '!', when it clearly wasn't.
- patch 28 April 2009 (Update):
- Reeso in Rellekka will correctly greet you by your Fremennik name, if appropriate.
- Baldur is the god of male beauty and light in Norse mythology.
- If players switch genders after receiving their Fremennik name, they will keep the Fremennik name.
- There is a bug where Fremennik names change on their own, where an extra suffix is added, for example "Thorvald" changing to "Thorkarvald", all on its own. This rare bug has existed for many years, and Jagex has yet to patch it. The only way to fix the effects of this bug is to change your Fremennik name with a ring of charos (a), receiving a random name.
- Jarvald and Thorvald, which are possible names, are also names of Fremennik NPCs.
- For reasons unknown, the Fremennik of Daemonheim will NOT call the player by their Fremennik name; even if they have completed the quest The Fremennik Trials.