A Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen
|A Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen (#107)|
|Release date||11 July 2006 (Update)|
|Quest series||Fairy Tale|
|Infobox • Talk page|
A Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen is the penultimate part of the fairy quest series and revolves around the Fairy Godfather. The objective of the quest is to finally cure the Fairy Queen and prepare the retaliation against the Fairy Mafia.
Official description[edit | edit source]
The Fairy Queen should be awake and back in charge of the Lost City by now, but what is happening in Zanaris? Why hasn't the Fairy Godfather abdicated the throne?
What is happening to all the fairy inhabitants and where has Fairy Nuff gone? Can you rise to the challenge of using the fairy rings to search the other planes and Cure a Queen, in the second part of the Fairy Tale trilogy?
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Martin the Master Gardener in Draynor Village.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat||
Ungrateful[edit | edit source]
To start, talk to Martin the Master Gardener in the Draynor Market. He will tell you to come back once his crops are grown, so wait until your quest menu says his crops have had plenty of time to grow; this takes around 5 minutes. Attempting to pickpocket Martin may further your wait.
Talk to him again and he informs you rather crossly that there is something still wrong with the crops, disbelieving your story about fairies and accusing you of creating this problem. You will automatically agree to investigate further.
Surprise![edit | edit source]
Go to Zanaris, and head toward the bank. Just north of the bank is Fairy Nuff's grotto. Walk in, and you'll see a short cutscene. Underneath one of the potion shelves is Fairy Nuff's certificate; pick it up. Studying the certificate turns up its back, which is covered with strange fairy symbols.
Head to the "mysterious ruins" leading to the cosmic altar and search south of it for a small stone tablet. It is a rune temple sign, with symbols similar to those on the back of the certificate. The sign reads: Cosmic Rune Altar. You can now decode Fairy Nuff's message by matching the symbols with the given key. Although you do not need to manually decode it, you must read the tablet to proceed. The back of the certificate reads:
|“||The Godfather attacked us. We have fled to safety. If you are loyal to her majesty, find us by using the co-ordinates "AIR", "DLR", "DJQ", "AJS".||”|
Fairy transport[edit | edit source]
Talk to the Fairy Godfather, in the room directly south of the Zanaris entrance, near Chaeldar. Tell him that the queen is missing, to which he visibly starts panicking and rushes to say that he will create a search party for her. The Godfather gives you permission to use the fairy rings to 'help' you locate the queen. He asks you to speak to the co-ordinator to learn more about the rings. She can be found slightly south of the Zanaris entrance.
Speak to the co-ordinator, who will reluctantly inform you of the vast history of the fairy rings and the queen, and teach you how to use them. After speaking with her, head south-west to the fountains, where you should see a fairy ring. Talk to Fairy Fixit there, and then try and use the fairy rings while wielding a dramen staff or lunar staff.
You may now use the fairy rings throughout RuneScape without finishing the quest, if you'd prefer. See our fairy rings guide for all the possible combinations.
With Nuff's certificate in your inventory, use the fairy ring four times in sequence. (For 1, 2 and 4 you can use the fairy ring autodialler to the locations mentioned in parentheses. Destination 3 must be manually dialled.)
- AIR (Islands: south of Witchaven)
- DLR (Islands: Poison Waste south of Isafdar)
- DJQ (unattached code, transporting you just a few steps away from the fairy ring in Zanaris). You have to click through the dialogue that opens after you teleport or you will not arrive at the fairy HQ.
- AJS (Islands: Penguins near Miscellania, or Queen's location)
If you end up on an island with some penguins, you either made a mistake entering the codes (you cannot right click and immediately teleport to the next location, you must "use" the rings each time and teleport back to Zanaris, then enter the next location), are not holding the certificate, did not complete the step of finding the plaque at the ruins (see previous paragraph), or you do not have the required levels to continue with the quest.
Regrouping[edit | edit source]
You should be in the Fairy Queen's new location. Just go up the path, and head to the north-eastern room. Talk to Fairy Nuff who, along with Fairy Very Wise, informs you that the Queen is not well because the Godfather has hurt her by not returning her magic secateurs. As her essence is drained, she cannot retaliate without obtaining the secateurs, which you accept to bring back.
Head back to Zanaris, now filled with orks, and pickpocket the Fairy Godfather. If you fail, you will be teleported outside Zanaris, so try pickpocketing from behind or the side, and make sure neither of his henchmen are looking directly at you. You should get a golden queen's secateurs.
You won't be able to travel back to the hideout by using AJS, but the steps will be saved in your travel log. Therefore, if you've kept Nuff's Certificate with you, you may simply select "Fairy Resistance HQ" from the travel log and press "teleport" to take you there, without having to travel to all the other three locations again. If you bank Nuff's certificate, the travel log will make you go through all the steps again.
The travel log might also be reset by using the fairy rings to other locations, by logging out or simply over time. The good thing is if you have travelled to the hideout once, you will have the record near the bottom of the log and can use that for travelling to each step. As you complete steps, the highlighted code in the hideout sequence will show you where you will go next.
Magic Essence[edit | edit source]
Back at the fairy hideout, talk to fairy Nuff and give her the secateurs. She will use them to rejuvenate the queen, but they do not work completely. Nuff tells you that she needs a certain magic essence potion to replenish the queen's missing life energy. To make the potion, you need to collect some starflowers and crushed gorak claw.
The potion must be created when Fairy Nuff prompts you to, as any potion created beforehand will not work.
Starflower[edit | edit source]
Return to the fairy ring in Zanaris and use the code CKP, which transports you to a cosmic plane. Move around for about 2 minutes whilst the starflowers grow. You can pass the time by talking to the cosmic being who lives there, contemplating the mysteries of the universe.
When it's ready, pick a starflower and add your harvest to the vial of water.
Gorak Claws[edit | edit source]
Return to Zanaris, and withdraw any armour and weapons, along with around 10 pieces of good food. Protection prayers do not work against goraks as their attacks deal typeless damage, but you may use boosting prayers as necessary to help you kill them.
At the Zanaris fairy ring, use the sequence DIR to get to another plane full of goraks. They are level 74 and are capable of lowering your stats on successful hits. Super restores are helpful for lower levels. Their attack's accuracy is rolled against your melee defence, meaning magic armour will provide the best defence. They are also weak against magic attacks, and can be killed fairly quickly with a level 60 or higher weapon and a suitable water spell (Water Blast or higher). However, melee can be also be used effectively with at least level 70 equipment. The gorak claw is not a 100% drop, so you may have to kill multiple goraks until you receive a claw. When you obtain a gorak claw, grind it with a pestle and mortar to get gorak claw powder.
The Final Scene[edit | edit source]
Mix the starflower and crushed claw into a vial of water to make a magic essence potion.
Back at the hideout, first talk to Fairy Nuff, informing her that you have made the potion. Fairy Nuff asks you to give the potion to the Fairy Queen. Use a dose of the magic essence potion on the queen, who finally regains her senses. As the queen angrily prepares to return to Zanaris and take back her throne, Fairy Very Wise and Fairy Nuff remind her that the Godfather has thugs and orks at his disposal, compared to her small band of loyalists, many of whom are injured. Her Majesty sees the flaw in the plan, and accepts the advice. The Fairy Godfather will continue to rule Zanaris — for now. Talk to the queen to end the quest.
Reward[edit | edit source]
- 2 quest points
- 3,500 experience
- 2,500 experience
- A bankable skill lamp granting 2,500 experience in a skill of your choice (level 30 or above)
- Access to the Fairy rings network and the Fairy Resistance Hideout
- Ability to make Magic essence potions
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
- All's Fairy in Love and War (Fairy Resistance hideout)
- Dimension X (Gorak plane)
- We are the Fairies (Cosmic plane)
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- A Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen ( 0) – Complete this Experienced quest.
- Varrock achievements
- Falador achievements
- Fremennik achievements
- Seers' Village achievements
- Ardougne achievements
- Morytania achievements
- Desert achievements
- Tirannwn achievements
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
A Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- Full completion of Azzanadra's Quest
- Full completion of Battle of the Monolith (miniquest)
- Children of Mah
- City of Senntisten
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Eye of Het I (miniquest)
- Eye of Het II (miniquest)
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Full completion of Hero's Welcome
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir (saga)
- Nomad's Elegy
- Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Finale
- Full completion of Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Fortunes
- One of a Kind
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- Full completion of The World Wakes
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Credits[edit | edit source]
|A Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen|
|Art & Graphics|
|Quality assurance||Martin I, John H|
|Quest Help||Nishal K|
|Databox • Talk page|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 15 February 2021 (Update):
- Fixed an issue which was blocking progression during A Fairy Tale Part II.
- hotfix 9 February 2021:
- patch 26 May 2020 (Update):
- Starting Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen will now set the quest to 'In progress' as expected.
- patch 1 November 2014 (Update):
- It's no longer possible to start Fairy Tale Part 3 without having completed Fairy Tale Part II.
- patch 14 July 2014 (Update):
- An issue has been fixed where the Fairy Queen refused to wake up in Fairy Tale Part II.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It used to be possible to start this quest (and thus, gain access to the fairy rings) without meeting the skill requirements. As of an unknown hidden update, this is no longer the case, and you must have the base skill levels in order to begin the quest.
- While holding the certificate if you speak to one of the sheep in Zanaris, your character will ask the sheep if it knows what the strange markings mean to which the sheep will spout a rhyme: "The human's found some symbols / and doesn't know what they mean / so now it's cross-examining me / and spoiling my routine!"
- Upon completion of this quest, a player's Adventurer's Log will read: "The Fairy Queen hasn't regained her throne...yet. War must be prepared and troops mustered before the Godfather can sleep with the fishes." This is a reference to the Sicilian Mafia of New York City.
References[edit | edit source]
|Part 3 of the Fairy Tale quest series|