|Release||25 February 2004 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|Issued by RuneScape Council to all new citizens.|
|Exchange||189 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The map helps new players of the game find their way around the RuneScape world. The map does not give clear directions, but shows a general view of eastern Asgarnia and western Misthalin, the main F2P area of the game. Before the new world map was introduced, this used to be used more often because of its ability to show your position. However, now, the new world map can do the same, but in more detail, and has a larger range, making the newcomer map almost useless. The only upside to using this map instead of the world map is the fact that it loads up almost instantly, whereas the world map takes time to load and takes up the whole screen.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Chest (Zanik)||52||1||Uncommon[dr 1]||N/A|
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Al Kharid General Store||Al Kharid||1||Coins||10|
|Edgeville General Store||Edgeville||1||Coins||10|
|Falador General Store||Falador||1||Coins||10|
|Lumbridge General Store||Lumbridge||1||Coins||10|
|Rasolo the Wandering Merchant||South of Baxtorian Falls||1||Coins||10|
|Rimmington General Store||Rimmington||1||Coins||10|
|Trader Stan's Trading Post||Ports with charter ships||1||Coins||10|
|Varrock General Store||Varrock||1||Coins||10|
|Zanaris General Store||Zanaris||1||Coins||10|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Default disassembly items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 21 April 2009 (Update):
- The colour of the labels on the newcomer map has been changed to make them easier to read.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item was once used to scam other players, as it looked remotely similar to Christmas crackers. It was also used in scams claiming it was a treasure map, but both scams were stopped with a trade update.
- Despite the examine text, players are not given newcomer maps after starting the game.