|Kingdom of Asgarnia|
|Release date||6 April 2001 (Update)|
|Leader||King Vallance (de jure); Sir Amik Varze (de facto)|
|Religion||Church of Saradomin, though Guthixianism, Zamorakianism, Bandosianism and Armadyleanism are also practised.|
|No. of banks||7|
|No. of altars||7|
|Guilds||Warriors' Guild, Heroes' Guild, Crafting Guild, Mining Guild, Prayer Guild (Monastery)|
|Peaks||White Wolf Mountain (bordering Kandarin), Ice Mountain|
|Inhabitants||Human, Dwarf, Goblin|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Kingdom of Asgarnia is one of the great Central Kingdoms of the RuneScape world. Asgarnia's primary economic activities are crafting, mining, and fishing. It also has a notable navy based in Port Sarim. Its current ruler is King Vallance; According to Sir Amik Varze, the king has grown old and weak and so he and his White Knights have taken over administration in his stead. The Crown Prince Anlaf also rules the Principality of Burthorpe somewhat independently. He was sent to govern by his father, the King, in order to amass the leadership experience necessary for him to one day accept the heavy burden of ruling the Kingdom.
Asgarnia tends to have a cold and mountainous landscape. Ice Mountain to the north of the region has a permanent covering of snow due to its height. In the southernmost tip of Asgarnia near Mudskipper Point, icy caverns cold enough to house wyverns, frost dragons and ice giants extend into the earth, despite a seemingly more tropical climate on ground level.
History[edit | edit source]
Asgarnia has a majority population dedicated to the teaching of the Church of Saradomin. Because of this, the Order of White Knights have called the capital city of Falador their home for over 200 years, perpetuating the church's teachings regarding chivalry, duty, honour, obedience and justice.
There is also a sizeable Guthixian population in Taverley. The Druids of the region tend to Guthix's teachings, and are able to boast a mastery of Summoning and Herblore. Asgarnia is also home to a large dwarf population, many of whom inhabit the mines under White Wolf Mountain and manage both the Mining guild and the Artisans' Workshop in the south-east district of Falador.
The Kinshra Order have been in heated conflict with the state for over a century. From their fortress on Ice Mountain and their secret training grounds deep within Taverley Dungeon, they plan to overthrow the King and the White Knights in order to claim Asgarnia in the name of their god, Zamorak. In Year 164 of the Fifth Age started a war with the aim of seizing the capital. It ended with the Siege of Falador, where the Kinshra were defeated and forced to retreat.
To the North, Trolls from beyond the wall present a persistent problem, relentlessly attacking the town of Burthorpe and occasionally Taverley. The Burthorpe Imperial Guard fight to ensure the trolls do not overrun the town or any of the land beyond, but as neither side is capable of pushing back the other the town is left in a state constant of war. The Imperial Guard are currently supported by the White Knights, however they are under considerable pressure to bring the troll conflict under control, or else lose their funding. 
Asgarnia's strongest bond is to the perpetually allied nation of Misthalin, underpinned by their common observance of Saradominist teachings. Together, they have enjoyed an era of peace and prosperity. The King of Misthalin has the power to raise White Knight squires to full knighthood and Asgarnia has been known to send aid to Misthalin, such as during the Edgeville Incident or the Battle of Lumbridge.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
Free[edit | edit source]
- Crafting Guild
- Dwarven Mine Dungeon
- Melzar's Maze
- Ice Mountain
- Makeover Mage
- Edgeville Monastery
- Dark Wizards' Tower
- Druids' Circle
- Warriors' Guild
- Pet shop
Members[edit | edit source]
Quests in Asgarnia[edit | edit source]
Free[edit | edit source]
- The Death of Chivalry
- What's Mine is Yours
- Goblin Diplomacy
- Pirate's Treasure
- The Knight's Sword
- Witch's Potion (Miniquest)
- Dragon Slayer
- Swept Away
- Druidic Ritual
- Death Plateau
- Wolf Whistle
- Witch's House
Members[edit | edit source]
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Asgarnia is one of the fifteen regions that have a Task System. Completion of the Falador Tasks rewards the player with a Falador shield. This shield, in parallel with the Task system, has four tiers, being Easy, Medium, Hard, and Elite difficulty for the tasks, and each tier of the shield listed by number, being 1, 2, 3, and 4. Each tier has gradually stricter requirements to complete the relative tasks, but reward the player with extra bonuses. The tasks listed are all relative to the local area of Falador.
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The word "Asgarnia" might be a reference to Asgard, the home of the gods in Norse mythology.
- Asgarnia seems to be represented by the motif of a lion, which appears on their herald cape and cannons.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Sir Vyvin, RuneScape. "We are the White Knights of Falador. We are the most powerful order of knights in the land. We are helping the king Vallance rule his kingdom as he is getting old and tired."
- ^ The History of the Kinshra, written by Poule Scryant, page Chapter 9, "The Death of Chivalry", RuneScape. "With the loss of Valzin's wealth and influence, the members of the Kinshra order, now leaderless and with bitterness in their hearts, declared that they would no longer recognise the legitimacy of King Raddallin's government or his claim to the throne. It was their order who had truly built the nation, and they were its rightful rulers...and one day they would claim what was theirs by right."
- ^ Commander Denulth, RuneScape. "The White Knights have overlooked us, until now! They are pouring money into their war against the Black Knights, so they are looking for an excuse to stop our funding and I'm afraid they may have found it! If we can not destroy the troll camp on Death Plateau then the Imperial Guard will be disbanded and Burthorpe will come under control of the White Knights."
- ^ T.S. Church. Betrayal at Falador.
- ^ Saradomin, "The Death of Chivalry", RuneScape. ""It is thanks to my wisdom and guidance that the kingdoms of Misthalin and Asgarnia have enjoyed an era of peace and prosperity.""