|Release date||24 September 2002 (Update)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Baxtorian Falls is a small series of water rapids flowing southwards from the Lunar Sea which are featured in the Waterfall Quest. It is also located at the start of the River Dougne. The Baxtorian Falls is a part of the Kingdom of Kandarin and is north-west of Ardougne and east of the Tree Gnome Stronghold. Under the rapids is the Waterfall Dungeon, which is also heavily featured in the Waterfall Quest. At the top of the Falls there is a dock leading up to a whirlpool. Players who have completed the required portions of Barbarian Training can jump into this whirlpool where they will be swept down to the entrance of the Ancient Cavern.
There was once a common misconception that the Baxtorian Falls is really only a single waterfall, as suggested by the name of the Waterfall Quest. If the falls are fully explored, they, in fact, contain three waterfalls, in addition to the rapids (hence the name Baxtorian Falls). Some players mistakenly regard this as a graphical glitch caused by one's vantage point. However, with the improvement of graphics over time, this misconception is no longer common.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- Use the Dungeoneering cape teleport to Baxtorian Falls resource dungeon located directly inside the falls.
- Use a games necklace to teleport to the Barbarian Outpost, then run south.
- Use the Balloon network to the Grand tree run north and use the shortcut requiring 37 Agility.
- Players with level 20 or higher Agility can run from Seers' Village north past the Coal truck mining site and through the fence where the Dwarf Cannon quest starts. Otherwise, players can reach the falls by running from Ardougne or Seers' Village past the Fishing Guild.
- Players who have their house at Rellekka, or who have access to Rellekka tablets, can teleport to Rellekka POH portal and run to Baxtorian Falls via the Lighthouse peninsula.
To enter the Waterfall Dungeon, the player must have a rope and Glarial's amulet with them, unless they have built a rope rack. In this case, they may grab a rope from the rack, but still require the amulet.
Activities[edit | edit source]
The Baxtorian Falls features the Waterfall Dungeon, the Ancient Cavern, and Barbarian Training. The Waterfall Dungeon is an area where some players come to kill fire giants, while others come to the falls to go through Barbarian Training and gain access to the Ancient Cavern, where mithril dragons and brutal green dragons reside.
Players with 24 Construction may build a rope rack next to the raft that leads to the Waterfall Dungeon. Rope is one of the items that is required to access the Waterfall Dungeon (along with Glarial's amulet).
Also notable are the unique fishing spots where players can catch leaping fish with a barbarian rod. With a knife, player may cut the fish for offcuts, roe, or caviar, which can be used to make potion mixes.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Baxtorian Falls in RuneScape Classic
Update history[edit | edit source]
- There is now more water supplying the small waterfall at Baxtorian falls.
- patch 5 September 2012 (Update):
- Swimming to a rock on Baxtorian Falls is now using a non-broken animation.
- patch 3 December 2009 (Update):
- Adjusted an unintended view of the Gnome Stronghold from Baxtorian Falls.
- patch 17 November 2009 (Update):
- Removed some bubbles from the bottom of Baxtorian Falls that didn't look great.
- update 28 October 2008 (Update):
- A distant rumble has recently been heard just north of Baxtorian Waterfall...
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- At the small cove leading into the Waterfall Dungeon, there is a barrel where you can get into, and will drop you off the fall. This is a reference to Niagara Falls and daredevils jumping off it with a barrel.
- In the "In Other News" section of the Hallowe'en 2008 update, it was mentioned that "A distant rumble has recently been heard just north of Baxtorian Waterfall...". A previously inaccessible stairway in the Ancient Cavern became reachable on that date, leading to a room containing statues of dragons and several anvils. The room was later found to be the dragon forge in which the fabled dragon platebody can be repaired, as long as several requirements are met.
|Related to the Elf quest series|