Yeti Town is a small town in the Land of Snow that is inhabited by yetis. It is accessed by using the Land of Snow portal at the base of the White Wolf Mountain (Taverley side). Yetis gather every year to hold a festival in the town which they consider to be a rite of passage. The town can be accessed during and after the quest Violet is Blue as well as during and after Violet is Blue Too which has a separate instance of the town.
According to Peggy, Yeti Town is one of the oldest yeti settlements. The current settlers of Yeti Town were previously nomadic and settled in Yeti Town after its previous human inhabitants disappeared.
Town attractions include a permanent bonfire and a nearby bank chest in the town centre. It is the only permanent bonfire available to free-to-play players (other than the campfire in War's Retreat, which can be used to gain the bonfire health boost but cannot be used for Cooking or Firemaking training). However, this permanent bonfire does not allow cremation nor does it offer the +10% Cooking xp a regular bonfire does.
This bonfire is replaced by either the burning Christmas tree during the Violet is Blue Too and by the wonky tree during and after that quest in the Violet is Blue Too instance of the town.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 4 May 2021 (Update):
- Fixed a visual issue with a chimney in Yeti Town.
- ^ Betty, "Violet is Blue", RuneScape. "There is a village nearby, just over the mountain pass, where all yeti gather to celebrate. It's somewhat a rite of passage for all yeti kind."
- ^ Peggy, RuneScape. "Yeti Town is one of the oldest yeti towns. The history of the yeti is quite broken, but before then as we were quite nomadic, having to travel a lot to find a safe place to live."
- ^ Peggy, RuneScape. "I believe this town was once inhabited by littlefoots like you!"