|Release||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Examine||I bet there's a needle in it somewhere.|
|Object ID||? (edit)|
|doc • Talk page|
Hay bales are a form of interactive scenery that can be found near farms and livestock. Some of them are able to be searched. Searching a searchable hay bale may result in the player finding a needle. The player may also rarely be pricked by something sharp when searching a hay bale, resulting in the player taking 10 points of damage. Hay bales come in two shapes: rectangular and cylindrical.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- East of the Draynor Village lodestone.
- At the chicken farm north of Lumbridge.
- North of the Hemenster Farming shop.
- In the Barbarian Outpost Agility Course.
- At Sinclair Mansion.
- In the Rangers guild. One of these hay bales is a location mentioned in a clue scroll.
- In Rellekka near Lanzig's hut and in the chicken pen.
- In the building directly north from the Varrock east bank.
- Upstairs in the building directly south of the Dancing Donkey Inn.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Achievement[edit | edit source]
- Well, Would You Look At That ( 10) – Find a needle in a haystack.
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Finding a needle within a hay bale is a reference to the saying "It's like finding a needle in a haystack", which means the chances are extremely low.
- The player would previously discover a needle every time a hay bale was searched.