This article is about the reward item purchased with Stealing Creation points for use outside of the minigame
. For the Harpoons used inside the minigame, see Harpoon (Stealing Creation)
The sacred clay harpoon is obtained from transforming a proto-tool bought from Rewards Mystic with 20 Stealing Creation points. 24,450 bonus experience is gained from it, which is stored and used up while training Fishing. A difference from normal harpoons is that this one can be held in player's main hand slot like a barb-tail harpoon. This item can be stored in the Tackle box. Unlike other fishing equipment, only one sacred clay harpoon may be stored at a time.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 17 March 2014 (Update):
- Sacred clay harpoons are now correctly recognised as harpoons when fishing.
- patch 9 June 2009 (Update):
- On free worlds, sacred clay items should no longer deteriorate or give any benefits.
- patch 10 February 2009 (Update):
- The Fist of Guthix reward gloves and the Stealing Creation harpoon were not correctly stacking their bonus xp at Piscatoris
- The harpoon moves through the "dipping" motion twice as fast as a normal harpoon, but the player waits twice as long between harpoon throws.
- On the day of release, there was a glitch that prevented fishing while equipped.
- There is a glitch which prevents players from fishing swordfish and tuna; you could only fish sharks. This glitch is resolved by logging out and then back in again.