A tackle box is a reward from Fish Flingers Distractions and Diversions. It comes in 5 different levels. Fishing equipment, fishing bait, and one kind of fish at a time can be stored in it. It also enables players to send a certain number of raw fish back to their bank every day, and it can be operated to discover the next competition time for Fish Flingers. If destroyed, players may claim another one from the fisherman, free of charge. All items stored in the tackle box will still be intact.
Types[edit | edit source]
There are five tackle boxes, the higher level ones costing more, but having greater benefits. One must have the previous tackle box before claiming the next one.
|Tool||Bait (per slot)||Glove||Raw fish|
The following tools and items can all be stored in the tackle boxes, but some tools can also be stored on a player's tool belt.
|Can be stored in tool belt||Cannot be stored in tool belt|
|Small fishing net||Small cast net|
|Big fishing net||Big cast net|
|Fishing rod||Oily fishing rod|
|Fly fishing rod||Karambwan vessel|
|Barbarian rod||Fishing urns (only (r), but all tiers)|
|Lobster pot||Sacred clay harpoon|
|Crayfish cage||Volatile clay harpoon|
- ^ a b c d The fishing nets (small and big) have the same practical use as their cast nets alternatives.
The only difference is that fishing nets are kept in a person's inventory/tool belt, while cast nets can also be wielded.
- ^ a b c d A harpoon, barb-tailed harpoon, sacred clay harpoon, and volatile clay harpoon work the same, but the barb-tailed harpoon, sacred clay harpoon, and volatile clay harpoon must be wielded. A barb-tailed harpoon, sacred clay harpoon, and volatile clay harpoon override the use of Barbarian bare-handed fishing.
- ^ a b Unlike other fishing equipment, only one may be stored at a time.
- ^ a b Sacred clay harpoon and volatile clay harpoon can only be stored before clicking the "gain xp" option on the said harpoon.
- ^ The outfit has to be worn in order to gain the Fishing bonus experience. Hence, the outfit slots are only useful for conserving bank space and quick withdrawal.
- ^ Only used for Barbarian Fishing.
- ^ a b c d e Possible reward from the Fist of Guthix minigame.
- ^ Possible reward from the Family Crest quest.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 26 March 2018 (Update):
- Runed Fishing urns can now be stored as a stack within the tacklebox. Can store up to 4,6,8,12 and 15 per stack depending on the tackle box level respectively.
- patch 1 August 2016 (Update):
- patch 5 May 2015 (Update):
- Players can now use raw great white sharks on the tackle box from fish flingers.
- patch 11 June 2013 (Update):
- Players can now deposit raw fish from a tackle box into a deposit box by right-clicking on the tackle box within a deposit box.
- patch 24 October 2012 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to get two pairs of cooking gauntlets by placing one pair in your tackle box.
- patch 9 October 2012 (Update):
- Players can now withdraw items equal to the amount of free space in their inventory from their tackle box, rather than being restricted if they cannot withdraw all of them.
- Players can now withdraw raw fish from their tackle box whilst using a bank.
- patch 24 July 2012 (Update):
- Players that haven't yet unlocked the tackle box can ask the waiting area Fisherman for a copy of their competition history.
- A graphical error with the champion's tackle box button in the Fish Flingers reward shop has been fixed.
- Players can now use items in their inventory on the tackle box to deposit them.
- Tackle boxes now have a Withdraw op, which will withdraw all stored raw fish.
- Players can now store fishing urns in the tackle box. The urns must be fired, runed and empty.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Until the update on 6 June 2012, a Tackle box could not hold a Crayfish cage or Karambwan vessel, despite them being fishing equipment.
- Tackle boxes are not allowed on Entrana even when there are no items in it.
- Upgrading a tackle box will not reset the amount of telebank charges used on the previous box.
- Upon the release of the Arc region, the Tackle box could not store raw tarpon. This was fixed shortly afterwards.