Quick guide for Observatory Quest
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||observatory professor in the observatory north of Castle Wars.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat||
Getting started[edit | edit source]
Obtaining a lens[edit | edit source]
- Leave the house and go east to the abandoned buildings.
- Climb down the stairs in the western building.
- Every dead end will have a chest that must be searched until a goblin kitchen key is found in one of them (be sure to finish the dialog to receive the key).
- Go back to the staircase at the entrance, but do not exit the dungeon.
- Go east, then north, and then head west until a guard is seen guarding a kitchen.
- Kill him or lure him away from the kitchen.
- Inspect the stove in the kitchen to receive lens mould.
- Return to the surface and talk to the professor.
- Use the lens mould on the molten glass.
- Talk to the professor.
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
- Go back to the abandoned building and climb down the stairs.
- Climb the stairs to the observatory, as indicated on the map.
- Watch the cutscene.
- Go upstairs. Look through the telescope and tell him which constellation is seen (see table below)
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 quest points
- 2,250 experience lamp
- 875 experience in the form of a lamp, lamp, lamp, or lamp
- Depending on the astrological sign you see through the telescope, you will receive one of these items:
- An uncut sapphire (Aquarius, Aries, Cancer, Capricorn, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, Scorpio, Taurus, Virgo, Pisces)
- About 25 Water runes (Aquarius)
- Amulet of defence (Cancer)
- Black two-handed sword (Gemini)
- 3 Law runes (Libra)
- 3 Fish pies or 3 Tunas (Pisces)
- Maple shieldbow (Sagittarius)
- Weapon poison (Scorpio)
- Super strength potion (1) (Taurus)
- You can talk to Historian Minas at the Varrock Museum to receive 5 Kudos.
- Ability to use 'Chipped' Watchtower teleport after also completing Evil Dave's Big Day Out.
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Additional rewards/activities
Should a player look through the telescope again after the quest is completed, they will see the Scorpio constellation. The Observatory professor will suggest going to see his assistant. Upon speaking to the assistant, who reveals that his name is Patrick, he'll thank you for having made his life easier and give you a jug of wine.
He also mentions a book on the nearby table named 'The book of astronomy', which speaks of Scorpius' grave. Travel past the abandoned buildings, and keep going north until you see some level 28 ghosts near the entrance of the Ourania runecrafting altar. The Spirit of Scorpius is located in this area with the ghosts; after a brief conversation, it will give you an unholy mould and tell you to return when you are worthy. With the mould, a ball of wool and a silver bar, make an unholy symbol and return to the grave so that Scorpius can bless it.
- Music unlocked
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Observatory Quest is not currently required for any quests or miniquests.