Professor Mambo-duna-roona Gronigen the Observatory professor is a scholar found in the Observatory reception (north of Castle Wars). He is the main NPC for the Observatory Quest. After the quest, he is found in the observatory itself. He and his assistant often bicker. In the Freeing the Lumbridge Sage subquest of Recipe for Disaster, he is referred to as Professor Gronigen during the short quiz for the Enchanted Egg and also in the update in which Observatory Quest was released.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 27 July 2020 (Update):
- The Observatory Professor will no longer welcome you back on your first visit.
- patch 29 June 2015 (Update):
- The Observatory professor will now reliably recognise players who have a coordinate clue scroll.
- patch 19 August 2010 (Update):
- You should now always be able to get another chart from this npc if you need one.
- If a player talks to the assistant, Patrick, he claims that the professor's name is Mambo-duna-roona, and if the Professor is asked about it, he will first say "How do you know tha-" then deny it. If you have done the quest and you talk to the Professor's assistant, then the Professor's assisant will thank you for having made his life easier, and reward you with a jug of wine. It is possible that this is sarcasm.
- Gronigen is one of the possible people requiring identification as ? ? ? ? in order to obtain the enchanted egg in Freeing the Lumbridge Sage.