|Release||18 March 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|Hot glass ready to be blown into useful objects.|
|Exchange||581 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Molten glass is mostly used in the Crafting, Construction, and Archaeology skills. Fritz the Glassblower on Entrana will teach you how to make molten glass, but you do not need to speak with him in order to make it. Molten glass can be created through the cast-item portion of a furnace using the Crafting skill, a bucket of sand and soda ash, granting 20 Crafting experience. Strange rocks for Crafting may occasionally be found while making molten glass.
Alternatively, you can use the Lunar spell Superglass Make, which converts all buckets of sand and all seaweed or soda ash into 30% more molten glass. This method only gives 10 Crafting experience but also gives 78 Magic experience.
The molten glass is also a material required to repair a Vigorem vial (damaged), a level 100 Archaeology artefact.
Creation[edit | edit source]
Since the release of the Mining and Smithing re-work, players now have to click on a Casting Metal (such as gold) in a furnace and scroll down to the bottom of the central column. Using the items on the furnace will no longer work, and will open the general metal bank instead. They can also use the lunar spell Superglass Make to create molten glass (which requires 77 Magic and completion of Lunar Diplomacy).
|20 XP||-||2 (1.2s)||581|
|Must be performed at a furnace|
|Bucket of sand||1||288||288|
Gathering materials[edit | edit source]
There are many ways to gather the raw materials but one of the fastest ways is to talk to Bert in Yanille; he will ship 84 buckets of sand per day to your bank if you talk to him after completing The Hand in the Sand. Also, 80 noted seaweed per day can be bought from Arhein in Catherby for 2 coins each. Note that Arhein does not stock the seaweed in his shop; players must choose to talk to Arhein and use the prompt: "Can I buy some seaweed?" There is also a bank and a stove right next to Arhein for turning the seaweed into soda ash.
Completing Desert Tasks rewards Desert amulets, which can be operated to quickly convert soda ash to molten glass daily: amulet-2 gives 50, amulet-3 gives 100, amulet-4 gives 150. You must be standing in the desert to do so, and amulet-2 and above provide free teleports to Nardah.
In order to make many of the items, you must use a glassblowing pipe.
Products[edit | edit source]
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click .
- For an exhaustive list of items, click .
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Ivory Bre'egth (cursed)||82||2 (noted)||Uncommon|
|Ivory Gromblod (cursed)||82||2 (noted)||Uncommon|
|Ivory Shredflesh (cursed)||82||2 (noted)||Uncommon|
|Rare drop table||?||45–55 (noted)||4/64[dr 1]||N/A|
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Glass items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||72.5%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 28 September 2020 (Update):
- Players are now able to make molten glass while using the Dorgesh-Kaan furnace.
- patch 15 June 2020 (Update):
- Crafting molten glass will no longer state the wrong skill name in the Make-x progress window.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In real life, the main component of glass is silicon oxide, which is what primarily makes up sand. Soda ash (sodium carbonate), historically obtained from burning seaweed or kelp, is added to reduce its melting point and make it easier to work with.