Johnathon Fitzharmon is a mage staying in the Jolly Boar Inn on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US], located directly north-east of Varrock's north gate. He is the son of Dimintheis Fitzharmon and the brother of Avan and Caleb. He previously held a piece of the Fitzharmon crest, but lost it in his fight against Chronozon. During his attempt to retreat, he was bitten by a poison spider and poisoned. He is friends with Orry, the beacon keeper of the beacon north of the inn.
While he was recovering from the fight, an adventurer came seeking to reunite the Fitzharmon family crest. The adventurer gave Johnathon an antipoison potion, curing him. He warned the adventurer of Chronozon's power and told them the secret to defeating him, that all four blast spells must be used on him at least once.
Once the Family Crest quest is complete, Johnathon will offer to enchant the family gauntlets into chaos gauntlets which increase the maximum damage of all bolt spells by 10%, although players can simply right-click "switch" on the gauntlets themselves. If the gauntlets have already been enchanted before, this costs 25,000 coins. Alternatively, he will sell the player his pair for 1,000,000 coins, allowing the player to acquire all 3 pairs, by speaking to whichever of the other two brothers has the yet un-acquired pair. Therefore, players are able to obtain one of each type of gauntlet by speaking to the appropriate brothers and paying them each, the 1,000,000 coins.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 7 September 2020 (Update):
- Johnathon can now be healed by all variants of Antipoison during his portion of the Family Crest quest.
- patch 8 February 2010 (Update):
- This npc will no longer swap your gloves on a free world.
- At one point, before you talk to him the first time during Family Crest, his examine info reads "A well-dressed nobleman." after it changes to "A well dressed nobleman." This was later fixed to always be hyphenated.
- Like his brothers, he appears to be wearing a gold necklace set with an unknown grey gem.
- ^ Johnathon, "Family Crest", RuneScape. "Unfortunately I don't have it any more... in my attempts to slay the fiendish Chronozon, the blood demon, I lost a lot of equipment in our last battle when he bested me and forced me away from his den. He probably still has it now."