|Release||9 April 2002 (Update)|
|Quest item||Family Crest|
|Destroy||You can obtain another set of Cooking gauntlets from Dimintheis.|
|On death||Always lost|
|These gauntlets empower with a greater ability to cook fish.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Cooking gauntlets are a pair of members-only gloves, available after completing the Family Crest quest. They are made by having Caleb enchant a pair of Family gauntlets. While wearing the gauntlets, the player will have a reduced risk of burning select types of fish.
They can be obtained by right clicking the magical Family gauntlets (or any of the enchanted gauntlets) and choosing 'switch' and then choosing this option from the interface. If the gauntlets are enchanted already, it will cost 25,000 coins to change them.
Cooking gauntlets give the same 1% experience bonus as sous chef's mitts even if the player does not own the sous chef's mitts (it will add the 1% set bonus if the rest of the Sous chef's outfit is worn).
If the gauntlets are destroyed or lost due to death, these gauntlets may be re-obtained free of charge from Dimintheis in south-east Varrock and will have the same enchantment on them.
Cooking cape's perk is similar and prevents the burning of all food, but cannot give the experience bonus.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Effects[edit | edit source]
"No-Burn level" in the table below refers to the Cooking level at which it will no longer be possible to burn the item on a range.
|Fish||Cooking level||No-Burn level||No-Burn level|
|Raw desert sole||52||Never||81|
|Raw catfish (range)||60||Never||83|
|Raw catfish (fire)||60||Never||87?|
|Raw monkfish (range)||62||Never||87|
|Raw monkfish (fire)||62||Never||90|
|Raw green blubber||72||Never||87|
|Raw blue blubber||95||Never||97|
|Raw tiger shark||95||Never||99|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 21 October 2019 (Update):
- Swapping between the different enchantments for the gauntlets awarded from the "Family crest" quest, can no longer cause the game to crash.
- Previously if a user was to destroy the Sous chef outfit and was to also have the cooking gauntlets in their backpack, the cooking gauntlets would be destroyed as well. This has now been fixed.
- patch 27 August 2019 (Update):
- ninja 22 July 2019 (Update):
- patch 7 July 2014 (Update):
- Players should no longer be told they have multiple pairs of cooking or smithing gauntlets.
- ninja 7 January 2014 (Update):
- Wearing cooking gauntlets will now give a 1% XP boost if the player owns a pair of sous chef’s gloves.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If you destroy the family gloves before imbuing them, then recover them, they become cooking gauntlets.
- Before the Evolution of Combat update, the cooking gauntlets (as well as the other variants) had Defence bonuses comparable to rune gloves, as well as attack and strength bonuses comparable to bronze gloves - despite them not having any Defence requirements.