|Release||9 April 2002 (Update)|
|Quest item||Family Crest|
|Destroy||You can obtain another set of Family Gauntlets from Dimintheis.|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|On death||Always lost|
|My reward for assisting the Fitzharmon family.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Family gauntlets are a reward for completing the Family Crest quest. Players can take them to any of the three brothers (Caleb, Avan and Johnathon) from the quest to have the gauntlets enchanted with a special ability.
If a player loses the gauntlets, they will magically return to Dimintheis who will give them back to the player with their previous enchantment applied. The player may re-obtain the gauntlets in their original form after finishing the quest Defender of Varrock, while not otherwise possessing the gauntlets (including in the player's bank). After an update 22 July 2019, players are able to obtain all three version of the Family Gauntlets, by first speaking to Diminthesis after the quest regarding buying new set of gauntlets, in which he replied only his children may decide whether or not to give up theirs for a cost, namely 1,000,000 coins. However after obtained the second pair of gauntlet, players will then need to "reclaim" from Diminthesis for the third gauntlet, since the brothers no longer have the chat option to sell the player a third gauntlet; it is not known if this is intentional or a minor bug.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
The enchanted gauntlets[edit | edit source]
Players can only have one of these effects active at a time per glove, and it costs 25,000 coins to change the enchantment. This can be done by right clicking the gauntlets in the player's inventory and choosing from the interface.
Cooking gauntlets[edit | edit source]
Smelting gauntlets[edit | edit source]
Smelting gauntlets provide the ability for smithed bars to go straight to the metal bank.
Chaos gauntlets[edit | edit source]
Chaos Gauntlets provide a 10% damage boost to all Bolt spells.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 21 October 2019 (Update):
- Swapping between the different enchantments for the gauntlets awarded from the "Family crest" quest, can no longer cause the game to crash.
- patch 16 September 2019 (Update):
- Switching family crest gauntlets from the worn right-click menu no longer deactivates the player's cosmetic overrides.
- ninja 22 July 2019 (Update):
- patch 18 February 2019 (Update):
- Issues causing players to not be able to reclaim their Family Crest gloves have been resolved.
- ninja 3 October 2016 (Update):
- Family crest gauntlets can now be switched to another type with a right-click option. Switching will cost the usual 25k coins.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item was originally named steel gauntlets.
- If they weren't enchanted before being lost, Dimintheis returns a set of cooking gauntlets instead.
- The Chaos gauntlet boost was removed with the Evolution of Combat, but was restored on 24 March 2014.