Smelting gauntlets are a pair of members-only gloves that are available after completing the Family Crest quest. When worn, smelted bars go straight to the metal bank. The gauntlets also allow the player to smelt up to 60 bars at a time using the Make-X interface, instead of 28.
They can be obtained by right clicking the magical Family gauntlets (or any of the enchanted gauntlets) and choosing 'switch' and then choosing this option from the interface. If the gauntlets are enchanted already, it will cost 25,000 coins to change them.
If the gauntlets are destroyed or lost due to death, these gauntlets may be re-obtained free of charge from Dimintheis in south-east Varrock and will have the same enchantment on them.
The gauntlets also grant the wearer the same 1% experience boost if they own the Blacksmith's gloves, and also count towards the set bonus.
On rare occasions, if the gloves were obtained before the rework, the player would have to destroy them and reclaim them from Dimintheis.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress - not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 4 February 2019 (Update):
- Now count as Blacksmith's gloves when wearing the Blacksmith's outfit.
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- Using superheat Item works as expected with Smelting gauntlets.
- Players can once again use Smelting Gauntlets to make 60 of Masterwork Alloy bars.