Goldsmith gauntlets (historical)
|Release||9 April 2002 (Update)|
|Removal||7 January 2019 (Update)|
|Quest item||Family Crest|
|Destroy||You can obtain another set of Goldsmith gauntlets from Dimintheis.|
|Backpack||Wear, Switch, Destroy|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|On death||Always lost|
|These gauntlets empower the bearer whilst making gold.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Goldsmith gauntlets are a pair of members-only gloves that are available after completing the Family Crest quest. When worn, the gauntlets increase the Smithing experience gained when smelting gold ore into gold bars from 22.5 to 56.2.
They can be obtained by right clicking the magical Family gauntlets (or any of the enchanted gauntlets), choosing 'switch', and then selecting this option from the interface. If the gauntlets are enchanted already, it will cost 25,000 coins to change them.
If they are destroyed or lost due to death, these gauntlets may be re-obtained free of charge from Dimintheis and will have the same enchantment on them.
When smithing gold, goldsmith gauntlets are better to use for experience than brawling gloves (Smithing) because they give 56.2 experience per bar, while brawling gloves only give 33.75 experience per bar, unless smelting in the Wilderness, which would yield 4 times the experience. Goldsmith gauntlets also stack with bonus experience, doubling experience up to 112.4.
Without the gauntlets, it is possible to smelt approximately 1,250 gold bars per hour while running at max efficiency, and with the added experience from the gauntlets you can gain up to 70,000 Smithing experience per hour. If using superheat, it is possible to smelt around 2,500 ores per hour, yielding up to 140,500 Smithing experience per hour, as well as 132,500 Magic experience per hour.
If the player has the blacksmith's gloves, then they will still receive the 1% boost they would get from wearing them, but not the full set bonus for wearing all five pieces of the blacksmith's set.
Goldsmith gauntlets give no bonus whatsoever during Double XP Weekends, nor do the gauntlets provide bonus experience with the Illumination aura active. Goldsmith gauntlets also do not increase the equipment experience gained by a hammer-tron/augmented crystal hammer.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 16 March 2015 (Update):
- Goldsmithing gauntlets will now provide their bonus when a stone spirit smelts a gold bar with a perfect juju mining potion active.
- ninja 21 January 2014 (Update):
- ninja 17 December 2013 (Update):
- Family Crest gauntlets can now be changed by using a right-click option on the relevant NPCs.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Smelting gold ore while wearing the goldsmith gauntlets not only provides fast smithing experience, it is also cheap compared to smithing platebodies, unless you make the bars at the Blast Furnace (steel and above).
- It would take 231,268 gold ore to reach level 99 Smithing from 40 while wearing these gloves, without any other experience boosts.
- As of August 17, 2018, there is a glitch if you speak to Avan when changing the Family Gauntlets for the first time. He will say that you currently have your gauntlets enchanted by one of his brothers and he will not change them. To surpass this glitch, go to one of the other brothers and enchant the gauntlets and use the switch feature which will take 25,000 coins from your money pouch.
References[edit | edit source]